Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Information Technology
Travel Percentage :
Who Are We:
FIS connects consumers to their money through leading-edge payments solutions. We’re the development engine of FIS: the largest, Fortune 500, Fintech company in the world. Our solution is branded by our customers — banks and retailers — so you might not have heard of us. But, if you’ve used a mobile banking app, interacted with an ATM, or used a debit card to complete a financial transaction, you’re most likely using FIS software. Our product is one that touches the average consumer on a regular basis, and makes the financial world go ‘round. Headquartered in Jacksonville, Florida, FIS serves more than 20,000 clients in over 130 countries, and our technology powers billions of transactions annually that move over $9 trillion around the globe. FIS is a Fortune 500 company, ranked 392 on the Fortune 500 list and is a member of Standard & Poor’s 500® Index. Named a 2016 “World’s Most Admired Company” by Fortune Magazine.
About the Team:
The FIS Modern Banking Platform Engineering team has the charter to facilitate technology transformation for large financial institutions who are implementing strategic products at FIS. Technology transformation includes a business value focus on continuous improvement, pipeline automation, and software delivery that spans multiple components and services. The successful candidate will join the team whose main focus is to ensure that modern FIS products are performant and resilient. We are looking for passionate and talented individuals who are comfortable working multiple appropriately prioritized issues and/or projects at a time. One who desires to be a part of this transformative delivery team where they will grow personally, technically and professionally.
The Dev/Opps Engineer will work on multiple projects as a project leader or technical leader/consultant. Works on complex tasks, projects or issues that involve a high degree of risk, impacts business unit performance and makes use of the individuals’ high level of knowledge within one or more areas of specialty. Coaches and mentors junior technical staff. Works without supervision on the most complex projects. Complete latitude for independent judgment. Typically requires seven or more years of demonstrated experience.
General Duties & Responsibilities:
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Installs software, including but not limited to, such as apache, tomcat, MQ.
• Installs latest fix packs and patches on a regular/periodic basis
• Prepares and readies the webservers for installing web code.
• Deploys code in JBoss, Tomcat, Red Hat OpenShift, and WebSphere environments.
• Create and manage Docker images and automate the testing of Infrastructure.
• Maintaining images in docker hub or local repository.
• Deploy applications in POD containers and able to expose as a service.
• Able to create persistent volume and claim the PV during deployment.
• Implements changes and tests the code deployments.
• Performs day-to-day production support activities such as web server recycles, troubleshooting issues, etc.
• Code and support Linux/UNIX scripts to automate processes.
• Determines gaps in procedures/processes and come up with suggestions/recommendation for improvement.
• Ability to provide 24 x 7 client support by cycling through a 3-4-week pager rotation.
• Conducts research and documents findings and recommendations by using analytical problem solving.
• Assist with Server Network related issues or configurations.
• Develops technical designs that will meet system objectives and minimize the impact on operations.
• Prepares user, operations, and systems documentation.
• Performs other related duties as assigned from time to time.
Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university or equivalent work experience
General Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• 2-10 years functional experience with webserver/application servers/Messaging such as Apache/tomcat/MQ/JBoss.
• Experience working with OpenShift via web console or ‘oc’ command line.
• Extensive knowledge of Linux Containers (Docker), Kubernetes, and deployment of containerized applications/microservices architectures.
• Excellent functional knowledge of various OS such as Linux/Unix and Windows.
• Good functional knowledge of debugging/troubleshooting tools in a java environment.
• Some functional knowledge of databases (Oracle and MS SQL) is preferable.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various s levels in the organization (e.g. executive, management, individual contributors)
• Proficiency in problem solving and time management skills managing multiple deadlines
• Proficiency to operate independently or as a part of a team
• CI/CD know-how and experience with modern technologies and tools (Docker, OpenShift, Splunk)
• Experience working with RedHat OpenShift Infrastructure design, deployment and operational support.
• Experience in supporting Production systems in OpenShift.
• Experience deploying CI/CD pipeline tools using Jenkins, GIT, Bitbucket etc.
• Working experience in any one public cloud AWS, AZURE, GCP or Openstack.
• Knowledge on the application deployment workflow in OpenShift.
• Good to have OpenShift 3.9 or 3.11 version/Kubernetes certification.
• Experience reviewing and analyzing metrics in Hawkular.
• Knowledge in any one of the Configuration management tools like Ansible, Chef or puppet.
• Server middle tier management – log archiving, maintenance, general functionality.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.