DevOps Engineer at Uplight
Do you dream about creating a more sustainable future? At Uplight, we are motivating energy users and providers to accelerate the clean energy ecosystem. Working with over 80 of the world’s leading electric and gas utilities, Uplight provides an end-to-end customer energy experience. Uplight delivers personalized experiences that customers have now come to expect–improving satisfaction, increasing revenue, reducing the cost to serve, and contributing to carbon reduction goals. We are B Corp certified, enabling us to put our values into action by not only making decisions for the benefit of our shareholders, but also for our customers, environment, employees, and community.
We are seeking a DevOps Engineer to join our team and help us achieve our ambitious goals for our business and the planet.
What you get to do:
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to add to our Workflow Automation team. You’ll work with a talented group of engineers on building a platform combining internal and external APIs and data processing services that will serve our utility partners and end-users through a variety of products.
- You work closely with a passionate team of engineers on improving continuous deployment processes and developing best practices on the team to create a delightful developer experience.
- You support the team in moving towards a containerized infrastructure setup that will improve the developer experience from local development to deployed versions in the cloud.
- You help the team transition our software infrastructure from AWS to Google Cloud Platform.
- You provide mentorship and guidance to the team and are excited about sharing your knowledge whenever possible.
- You help evolve the monitoring and observability of our systems that will help us monitor and expand our Service Level Objectives.
- Shape the engineering future of the company by engaging and collaborating with developers and infrastructure engineers across teams.
What You Will Contribute:
- You are excited to build a product that impacts millions of households. Utility companies partner with Uplight in order to motivate and enable their customers to take energy-conscious actions that reduce greenhouse gas emissions and reduce bills.
- You are excited about making things better, daily. You understand that progress on a complex product happens in small increments and strive to make frequent improvements towards our ambitious goals.
- You embrace mentorship and collaboration as part of your role within the team. You are looking for a collaborative environment that helps you develop your skills as a productive team member and as a DevOps engineer.
- You want to shape a distributed workplace. You’ll be working as part of a distributed team across multiple time zones in North America. You’re enthusiastic about contributing to remote work culture.
What You Bring to Uplight:
- You have about 3-5 years of experience working as a DevOps Engineer or with infrastructure providers such as AWS and GCP. We are open to all educational backgrounds and are curious to hear about your experiences.
- You have worked with configuration and provisioning software and are able to work with our Ansible and Terraform systems.
- You built continuous integration and deployment into Git-based version control and can easily adapt to tools and services that are integrated into those processes.
- You have worked with Docker or other containerization tools and are able to support it throughout the entire development lifecycle of the team.
Skills and experience are necessary, but we hire on value alignment first; if you feel you would be a good fit with us, consider applying.
What makes working at Uplight amazing:
- We provide medical and dental benefits that kick in on day one.
- We offer 401K matching (US) and RRSP matching (Canada).
- We have a flexible vacation policy with a recommendation of 20-26 days per year and we make sure our employees are taking time off.
- Four weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children.
- Unpaid leave for emergency responders to perform their emergency duties.
Salary Range: $100,000 to $115,000 (dependent on experience)
Uplight provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status,