DevOps Engineer at Billtrust
Billtrust is seeking a DevOps Engineer that is passionate about cloud computing, infrastructure-as-code, and automating and provisioning highly-available SaaS applications. You will work closely with Agile teams to ensure they have the tools needed to write, test and deploy code with ease and ensure dev and QA satisfaction. You will build and maintain continuous integration (CI) and continuous deployment (CD) environments, processes and tools.
- Develop and implement immutable infrastructure
- Build CI/CD environments and streamline deployments to AWS or Azure with Jenkins, Gitlab, and other tools
- Monitor and maintain production environment stability
- Collaborate with and influence distributed Agile teams in defining technical requirements and best practices with containerized and cloud-native applications
- Represent production support and site reliability in Agile stand-ups, planning sessions, infrastructure code reviews, and architecture reviews.
- Help evolve our configuration management (CM) efforts and our move to containers
- Provide on-call production support and possibly some after-hours work as needed
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast-past development operations role - 3+ years of relevant experience ideal
- Ability to communicate and collaborate cross-functionally, and work well in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to leverage, and experience with some, of the following: AWS or Azure, Terraform, Docker, Jenkins, Python or Powershell, Linux Shell scripting, AWS CLI
- Experience with some of the following a plus: ECS, Kubernetes, NGINX, Sumo Logic, CloudFormation, Serverless Framework, DNS, AD, Networking, VPC configuration
- Comfortable with at least one programming language such as C#, Python, Node.js or similar
- Ability to build and maintain code repositories with Git
- Ability to support and extend our CM environments
- Windows and/or Linux systems administration nice-to-have
- Ability to automate the provisioning of environments
- Understanding of Agile techniques nice-to-have
- Experience in a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), software, or product-centric business preferred
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field (or equivalent experience)
- Competitive Salary, Bonus, Stock Options and 401(k) Match: We appreciate our employees and we make sure they know it.
- Open PTO: Work-life balance is important. We believe in giving our employees time to truly relax and recharge.
- Paid Parental Leave: To keep our employees and their families healthy.
- Opportunities for Growth: Professional development can take many shapes. From ERGs like Women in Tech and DE&I, to Mentor-Mentee, Leadership, and High-Potential Programs, we foster an environment where all employees can grow.
- Recognition: From Billtrust Bucks and Gongings to Culture Champion and Presidents Awards, our employees are recognized for hard work and outcomes achieved.
- Minimal Bureaucracy: An entrepreneurial environment of ownership and accountability allows you to get work done.
- A Culture that Lives its Values: Our values are not just words or window dressing, they guide our decisions - big and small - each and every day.
Billtrust is the best-in-class provider of Payment Cycle Management and accounts receivable solutions, helping businesses accelerate Order-to-Cash. We provide a flexible, automated, cloud-based product portfolio that meets diverse buyer requirements and speeds cash application through tailored invoice delivery, secure multi-channel payment enablement, and intelligent matching and payment posting. Our platforms process $40B+ annually and help companies like Kraft Foods, New Balance Athletics and Ferguson Enterprises get paid faster and more efficiently.
For the past 19 years, we have achieved remarkable success with year-over-year growth and we attribute that growth to our people and culture. We encourage employees to have autonomy, think creatively, share ideas - even with our CEO - and to challenge the status quo every day without a lot of red tape.