DevOps Engineer at Convercent
We are looking for a Dev/Ops Engineer that will play a key role in maintaining and improving the SAAS solutions we provide to the market. The Convercent platform incorporates a wide variety of features, including scalable website & ecommerce hosting, rating, billing and array of integration capabilities with external partners using web APIs, and other technologies. This is a very hands-on role which will involve working with our engineering and operations departments, building and maintaining production environments in AWS, Azure, and physical data centers.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Build and maintain infrastructure on AWS and Azure cloud
- Write scripts to automate operations and server management
- Maintain QA and Production configuration using automation tools
- Build and maintain operations tools for monitoring, notifications, trending, and analysis.
- Define, create, test, and execute operations procedures.
- Troubleshoot production issues
- Install OS updates/hotfixes/patches/service packs
- Work with Application Developers to automate builds and software deployments to QA & production
- Maintain and enhance the Continuous Integration & Deployment environment
- Document current and future configuration processes and policies.
Desired Skills/ Experience:
- DevOps: 3 years (Required)
- Complete a cultural fit interview, technical fit interview, and technical test.
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience with building and maintaining production environments in large-scale consumer enterprises.
- Minimum of 3-5 years proven hands on experience with Chef configuration management tool.
- At least 3 years of practical experience with most if not all of the following components of AWS: VPC, EC2, ELB, EBS, Route53, S3, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, IAM, Redshift, DirectConnect, RDS, SNS, SQS, Lambda
- Experience administering web services on Linux using Apache/Tomcat/Oracle
- Fluent in AWS CLI
- Experience with high availability and scalability in AWS
- Fluent in Linux (RedHat/CentOS/Amazon) administration & shell scripting (BASH)
- Comfortable with one of the programming/scripting languages: Ruby
- Production experience developing, configuring and supporting monitoring systems, alerting and analytics (e.g., Sumo Logic, OpManager, AppD etc)
- Familiar with source control tools GIT
- Experience with Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins preferred)
- Proficient in creating technical documentation & architectural diagrams
- Experience working in an entrepreneurial environment with a strong sense of ownership.
- Strong problem resolution, troubleshooting, and QA skills
- Experience in telecom systems preferred
Robust. Agile. Collaborative. And you should see our software. Bringing the transformative power of the cloud to the compliance and ethics industry, Convercent's award-winning SaaS solution empowers our customers to be more effective and efficient in managing their compliance efforts and mitigating risk. With an inclination towards innovation, Convercent is helping our customers raise the standard--and expectations--for how companies safeguard their financial and reputational health.
Convercent is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.