DevOps Engineer at SurveyGizmo
Founded in 2006, SurveyGizmo is a powerful survey and data insights platform that empowers business professionals to make informed decisions. As SaaS application software, it offers user-friendly data collection tools for understanding customers, markets, and employees in real time and communicating this information across an organization. It provides data insights in over 205 countries, with 50K new surveys created and 5M responses collected every week.
SurveyGizmo has tremendous opportunity to continue this growth, based on current market size and the potential for more sophisticated product positioning and a robust sales and marketing engine. Details on SurveyGizmo’s products and services can be found on our website (www.surveygizmo.com).
What You Will Do
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our Technology team! The DevOps Engineer plays a crucial role in maintaining our high standards for application availability and operational excellence. Our customers rely on SurveyGizmo to be available 24x7, and SurveyGizmo relies on Engineers to achieve that goal!
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Information Technology, the DevOps Engineer will join a team of driven individuals who work smarter, not harder, to automate solutions and keep the systems running smoothly. As part of this team, you’ll manage a highly transactional, business-critical web application and serve customers by troubleshooting & resolving technical issues, improving operational efficiency, and designing new solutions to ensure scaleability, reliability, performance, and application security.
How You Will Spend Your Days
- Serve on the team that is responsible for all cloud infrastructure
- Collaborate closely with the Software Engineering team to design, develop, test, and deploy software releases and new infrastructure components
- Develop, monitor, and maintain scaleable production systems
- Write documentation on common procedures and troubleshooting paths
- Assist with on-call rotation to ensure 24x7 availability
- Proactively identify and address reliability issues so that on-call rotation is quiet and doesn’t interrupt your sleep and life outside of work
- Provide internal support to our Customer Service team to debug production issues, including pulling logs, reproducing problems, and following up to ensure problems are fully resolved
What You Bring to this Role
- Passion for providing top-notch customer service and wowing colleagues with how you go above and beyond for them
- Positive can-do attitude to fit in with our team
- Self-motivated and driven to continuously improve how things are today
- Ability to design and deliver stable technology solutions that meet the needs and objectives of the business
- 3+ years of experience managing Linux-based production SaaS environments
- Hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) EC2
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting high-volume web applications using tools such as Nagios, Puppet, ELK, Terraform as well as AWS native tools
- Ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- Fluent in Linux command line system administration such as Bash, VIM, SSH
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Relevant certifications, SQL database knowledge, software development experience, and a desire to eat Tacos on Tuesday will all be counted as a plus
Our Team Members Enjoy
- Competitive compensation package include benefits, including Medical, Dental, Vision, and matching 401k
- Generous PTO, including all major holidays and 4 floating days
- Up to $2,250 annually in cafeteria funds to use toward commute expenses (toll reimbursement), wellness, continued education
- Discounted health club membership to 24 Hour Fitness or Colorado Athletic Club
- Onsite complimentary massages
- Fully stocked complimentary kitchen (food, snacks, coffee, and drinks)
- Dog friendly office
- Relaxed and open workspace with sit/stand workstations
- Nearby bike and walking trails
- Boulder casual dress code
- Great Boulder location without the Pearl Street commute
- Environment where you are empowered to make a difference!