DevOps Engineer at Stateless
Who We Are:
Stateless is on a mission to reinvent network connectivity. Central to that was our initial innovation, where we demonstrated an ability to efficiently decouple state from processing in network functions—a task deemed infeasible in high-performance networking systems, but in doing so, we have opened the door for fundamentally changing how networks are built. Now, we are building the product around that vision.
Automation and programmatic control of networking systems is a burgeoning field and this is your chance to join a team leading the revolution. Stateless is a bleeding-edge company utilizing cutting-edge technology and tools. We are always open to what’s coming next and in many cases defining what’s coming next.
Who You Are:
What gets you out of the bed in the morning is helping organizations build highly available and scalable infrastructure. You love breaking down the wall between development and operations and you champion DevOps as a culture. In your toolbelt are programming languages and technologies such as Linux, configuration management, container orchestration, and virtualization systems.
What You Will Do:
Stateless lives at the intersection of distributed systems and software defined networking; two fields with immense potential and a laundry list of novel challenges. This is your chance to join a team leading the revolution! But it is not “just implementation”. Stateless is a bleeding-edge company utilizing cutting-edge technology and tools. We are always open to what’s coming next and in many cases defining what’s coming next.
That's where you come in!
You will need all your years of experience to build, manage and automate infrastructure and code delivery pipelines for production and demo environments for a product unlike the world has ever seen.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Experience developing software applications, with fluency in at least one language.
- A demonstrated ability to pick up other programming languages as needed.
- Proven experience working in a DevOps environment and CI/CD pipelines (e.g. Jenkins, TravisCI, Gitlab).
- Experience working in Cloud environments.
- Experience with configuration management systems such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Salt or Terraform.
- Experience debugging software to resolve isolated issues, fix problems and make platform enhancements.
- Strong experience as a Linux systems engineer or systems administrator.
The more of the following you can offer, the better suited you will be for the position:
- Experience with Docker and container orchestration technologies such as Mesos, Marathon, or Kubernetes.
- Experience configuring or maintaining network switches (e.g. Cumulus Linux, ONL, P4, OpenFlow).
- Virtualization systems such as KVM or Xen.
- Distributed systems are especially desirable.
- Infrastructure-as-a-service such as AWS, Azure, GCP.
As a company we are challenging the status quo and as a culture we do the same. We stand for a culture in which we are SUPPORTIVE of one another and committed to team diversity, SINCERE in our communication with our colleagues and customers, STUDIOUS in the way we are serious about and accountable for our work, always STRIVING to improve, and ultimately STATELESS where we are willing to adapt as needed.
We take care of you here at Stateless. We offer flexible working hours, unlimited PTO, and contribute 100% of health, dental, and vision costs. Stateless is a Techstars Boulder company with strong venture funding.
We are dramatically ramping and scaling our team; we are aiming for 3x growth in team members in the next 18 months. This is your opportunity to join a highly collaborative environment as part of an innovative, tight-knit team of talented individuals bringing an amazing new product to market. We are already well on our way and are navigating deep into uncharted networking waters.