Greater Denver Area
As a DevSecOps Engineer, you will be responsible for managing and operating the cloud environment. At Pie Insurance, we treat all aspects of our infrastructure as code. You will write scripts and create templates for automating all aspects of operations. Your focus is centered on automation, security, configuration, documentation, optimization, and operational support.
Whether it's Right For You
You will be joining our team in downtown Denver, specifically LoDo within walking distance from Union Station. Everything we do is connected: we need you to be a strong communicator and a doer. We are a start-up so hands and minds are needed at peak efficiency.
We are looking for a talented DevSecOps Engineer who has a passion for security and DevOps to scale our platform in a rapidly growing organization.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or a similar quantitative field
- 5+ years in software development life cycle and demonstrated experience in software security testing, methodologies and frameworks
- Understanding of common software and web application security vulnerabilities
- Solid understanding of Infrastructure and architecture
- Expertise implementing static and dynamic analysis tools, open source scanning tools and integrating security into a CI/CD pipeline at scale
- Expertise in application development frameworks, build systems and ability to integrate tools into the CI infrastructure
- Experience with continuous integration tools such as Jenkins, Octopus, TeamCity, AWS CodePipeline, CodeDeploy, CodeBuild.
- Expert knowledge and experience working with AWS infrastructure and services
- Experience working with containerization tools (Docker, Kubernetes, AWS EKS, Fargate)
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code tools (CloudFormation, Terraform, helm)
- Experience with observability tools for application monitoring and system diagnostics (Prometheus, AWS Cloudwatch, AWS X-Ray, ELK stack)
- Nice to have: Certified AWS Solutions Architect – Assoc.
Working At Pie
· You expect to challenge others and to be challenged.
· Your communication style is candid and compassionate.
· You share your knowledge. We aren’t here to compete with one another; we are in it to win it, together.
· You share our passion for the small business community.
Pie Insurance provides workers’ compensation insurance directly to small businesses online. Offering A.M. Best A rated coverage, Pie leverages data analytics, easy-to-use online features, and a seasoned team of insurance experts to create an insurance model that’s as easy as pie. We began offering insurance policies in 2018 with a mission of helping small businesses experience true savings and an unmatched level of service.
A fast-growing insurtech startup, Pie has home offices in Washington, DC, and Denver, CO. Our all-star team offers an incredible career opportunity where you can use your expertise to disrupt an industry and serve the SMB community.
Want a slice? In return for your commitment to us, you’ll get a piece of Pie. At Pie, we’re invested in you, and you in us.
Read Full Job Description