Devops Engineer at Fruition
As a Fruition DevOps Engineer you’ll have a significant impact on Fruition’s software development and hosting lifecycle. You must be excited about having personal and business growth opportunities and be eager to take on the responsibility of Fruition’s delivery process.
Everyone (including the big girls) are figuring out their Kubernetes implementation as we go. You do need the technical aptitude to pick up the concepts and be able to work in a production environment quickly. We hope you are excited to take on a big role quickly.
Fruition hires devops engineers that have the right skill set and are a good fit.
Devops skills required:
- Experience with containers and orchestration tools (preferably Kubernetes)
- A background in development (LAMP is preferred, but any modern language is sufficient)
- Expert git-fu. Have an opinion on rebasing vs. merging.
- Expert Linux command-line and scripting skills.
- Attention to detail and the demonstrated ability to anticipate problems instead of waiting to fix them retrospectively.
- Solid working knowledge of core Internet systems including DNS, PKE infrastructure, and the HTTP spec. You know how to read an RFC.
You should have a healthy understanding of:
- Docker and Docker Compose
- Google Kubernetes Engine (and soon to be other clouds.)
- GitLab CI
- LAMP stack setup and configuration
- Unit and integration testing
- 12-Factor App principles
You should be interested in:
- Automating the heck out of as much as possible.
- Being a security evangelist and fostering a shift-left culture.
- This position is full time working in Fruition’s Denver office. Competitive pay, ownership potential, 401k match, health care, and other great benefits.
Culture Fit for the Devops Role
We also look for a good culture fit. We do not tolerate Blaming, Complaining, or Defending (no “BCD”). We also just want to Get Shit Done, Right (“GSD’r”). Fruition’s culture is developed to encourage a great work environment where we trust one another to get things done without a lot of pushing. You can learn more about our culture on our start page.