ReedGroup is growing rapidly and we have an ambitious plan to implement a high quality, highly scalable and reliable, automated solution to build, test, configure and deploy our software. We are looking for a peak-performing DevOps Engineer who is interested in helping us design, implement and maintain a solution that will help automate and streamline our operation and processes.
ReedGroup is the leader in absence management software, service, and content, with a growing international software development organization and a powerful suite of SaaS tools. We are an Agile development shop that would like to stay on the cutting-edge of technology. If you are interested in learning, working with, and implementing new DevOps tools, technologies and processes, than this position is right for you.
This position will be part of team that will indirectly influence and enhance the work of over 200 people globally. If you would like to feel a sense of accomplishment, your work will be validated and rewarded through the benefits and enhancements provided to your colleagues. Driving quality and efficiency, while improving the relationship and communication between Development and Operations is the primary goal of this team.
The right candidate will have a strong point of view on DevOps best practices and a drive to increase efficiency. In this role, you’ll work collaboratively with Software Engineering, QA, SCMs, Database Administrators and Release Engineers to build, test, and deploy and operate our systems. You will actively participate in activities such as architecture improvements, process improvements and tools evaluation. This role will also help troubleshoot and resolve issues in our dev, test and production environments.
The ideal candidate will have a broad skillset in all areas of the SDLC, and a willingness to continually expand your skillset. We are looking for a team player who is open-minded, but not afraid to bring a well-formed opinion and/or idea to challenge the group.
If you are as excited, as we are, about being part of a team that will help design and automate a true DevOps solution for ReedGroup, than this is right position for you.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in engineering or computer science is strongly preferred.
- 5+ years in automation/configuration management (experience with tools like AWS CodeDeploy, Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, and Octopus Deploy )
- Strong experience with Team Foundation Server, GIT and/or other version control systems
- Experience testing, building, and deploying highly configurable Software as a Services (SaaS) applications
- Strong understanding of Dev Ops best practices, including deployment automation, continuous integration, and on-demand virtual environment provisioning
- Strong experience in scripting (PowerShell, Ruby, Perl, PHP Python)
- Strong experience with SQL Server (experience with database change scripts are a plus)
- Tier 1 support for release and deployments
- Ability to merge and check-in code
- Patching solutions for hot fix scenarios
- Collaborate with other organizational groups to assist with their sprints
- Experience using virtualization technologies
- Ability to learn and implement new technologies
- Deep understanding of agile testing practices and the self-awareness to recognize which ones are applicable to the current situation
- A team player who is not afraid to have an opinion and introduce new ways of doing things
ReedGroup is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.