DevOps Engineer at BombBomb
Who we are...
BombBomb makes it easy to use simple videos to build relationships through email, text and social media. Our team is scrappy and intelligent. Competitive and collaborative. Fun-loving and tenacious. We're close-knit and love adding new talent to the mix. Rehumanizing the planet can't be done without EXCELLENT people and we want to add you to our already amazing team!
Who we're looking for…
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to be a part of our Operations Team. In this role, you’ll work closely with our developers to make sure they have the tools and support they need to deliver our product quickly and confidently. If you strive to automate as much as possible, but aren’t scared to get your hands dirty with a manual task, this is your role. We want someone who takes initiative in engaging with others and continuously seeks out ways to help them be successful. High standards and self-motivation are desired, but we also want a listener who can see things from other people's perspectives. You’ll be a good communicator who works well with others while bringing a positive attitude and a strong appetite for learning.
What you will do…
- Effectively lead engineering contributors to maintain or surpass site reliability goals
- Develop and maintain our deployment infrastructure, helping to complete the transition from TeamCity to Jenkins, and mature our current processes.
- Maintain our local developer environment images and deployment, always searching for ways to make it more stable and effective.
- Work closely with our Security Program Manager to ensure our Amazon Web Services (AWS) resources meet our security standards.
- Help maintain our logging (Elastic Stack, Splunk) and metrics (Statsd, New Relic) infrastructure.
- Work closely with developers to ensure they are supported, productive, and happy.
- Take part in on-call rotation to maintain application quality and status.
How you'll do it...
Embody BombBomb’s core values: Relationships, Fun, Humility, Flexibility and Service.
- Communication: A good communicator who is able and willing to build relationships with surrounding employees.
- Flexibility: Willing to learn new technologies. Ability to adapt to new challenges as they arise and put out fires without being overwhelmed during busy times.
- Leadership: Ability to be self-reliant and self-motivated. Competent in leading large, company-wide initiatives with minimal direction.
- Detail-oriented: The position requires attention to detail, as a violation in company policy may result in failure to achieve compliance and, ultimately, losses in company revenue.
Our ideal candidate will be or have…
- Experience and familiarity with AWS required.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Linux - Ubuntu.
- Continuous Integration (CI) - Jenkins, Travis CI, and TeamCity experience.
- Demonstrated experience with Kubernetes & Docker
- Infrastructure as Code (IaC) - AWS Lambda, Vagrant and Terraform
BombBomb Benefits Package Includes…
- Excellent Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits for you and your family (2 PPO + HSA option)
- 15 days paid time off
- 9 paid holidays
- 401k Plan with employer match
- Weekly company-catered lunch
- Fun workplace: happy hour every Friday and company game room
- Annual Education / Development for your career growth