Are you a skilled DevOps Engineer? Are you looking for an opportunity to build awesome tools for developers? Can you get excited about revolutionizing application security? Are you willing to tolerate ridiculous bird puns? If you answered “yes!” to all of those questions, you should keep reading about an exciting opportunity at StackHawk.The Role
StackHawk’s Engineering team is growing, and we’re looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our team and help evolve our tools and deployment pipelines, and operate our cloud-based infrastructure. In this role, you will work directly with members of our Product Development team to build the tools, pipelines, processes and infrastructure to enable us to move fast and scale our teams and our technology to meet ambitious growth goals. You’ll be a key member of a small growing team that is revolutionizing application security by reducing complexity, providing actionable recommendations, and empowering software engineers to take control of their application security. This position will directly contribute to StackHawk’s goal of identifying and remediating app vulnerabilities in the CI/CD pipeline. If you enjoy building smart tools that enable teams to move fast on a modern stack, this is the role for you.What You’ll Do
- Work with software engineers, making key technology decisions.
- Build tools, pipelines and infrastructure to support a rapid, continuous deployment style of software development.
- Help set standards around automation tooling, core services and best practices for the engineering teams.
- Maintain and improve infrastructure design for services such as container orchestration, logging, CI/CD, storage and networking technology.
- Design automated and manual processes for high availability, disaster recovery and scalability.
- Support and coach software engineering teams on how to effectively use and extend our tools and follow DevOps best practices.
- We're an agile, fast growing company and this job description isn't meant to be a complete list of your qualifications or all the things you'll do.
- 5+ years of experience as a DevOps engineer, ideally in a SaaS environment.
- Comfortable writing code, ideally working as a developer in some capacity.
- Strong experience managing systems and infrastructure in AWS.
- Experience with Terraform and Helm
- Experience with building docker images and docker orchestration platforms such as Kubernetes, Mesos and Docker Swarm, Amazon ECS
- Experience working with at least 2 modern CI/CD platforms, such as Jenkins, Travis, CircleCI, GitHub Actions, GitLab, CodeFresh, etc.
- Experience working in a Java/JVM environment using tools like Maven or Gradle.
- Experience with, or willingness to learn Kotlin.
- Solid understanding of Linux, Git, GitHub, shell scripting
- Experience setting up system monitoring and alerting tools
- Persuasive - Bring others to your point of view using logic, data, and emotion. When trying to persuade, you make qualitative and quantitative points, not just emotional appeals
- Accountable - You’re willing to answer for the outcomes resulting from your own choices, behaviors, and actions. Take ownership of situations that you’re involved in
- Self Motivated - Motivated to do or achieve something because of your own enthusiasm or interest, without needing pressure from others
- Focused - Achieve what you set out to do before launching new initiatives. Complete company-linked goals and tasks, not simply to be busy and active
- Collaborative - A keen ability to support cross-functional projects and decisions. Gets energized from working within a team and cross-functionally to achieve the company's goals.
- Competitive Compensation: Earn a competitive salary and get an equity stake in the company that we are building together.
- Solid Benefits: Health, dental, and vision insurance 100% paid for employees and dependents. Other benefits include life insurance, AD&D, and 401K.
- Time to Recharge Encouraged: Take what you need vacation plus ten paid holidays! Unplug, recharge, and come back refreshed.
- Fun Team and Perks: We do great work and have fun doing it! Get a great at home equipment setup, a fun team to collaborate with, and other great perks.
- Place Where Your Work Matters and You Grow: As an early-stage company, your work shapes the product that we are building. Nothing beats starting every work day knowing that your work deeply matters, and there is no better opportunity to grow in your career.
StackHawk is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
Salary range for this role is $90k to $130k, or commensurate with experience.