DevOps Engineer at FluentStream
Must be located in the United States
FluentStream is a software-as-a-service (SaaS) company that simplifies and automates how businesses communicate with customers. Thousands of businesses across the country have replaced their legacy phone system with FluentStream's modern, cloud-based communications platform. Our apps enable support, sales and other professionals to deliver an exceptional customer experience from any device or location. Our 80+ remote employees share a passion for teamwork, fast-paced challenges, flexibility and inclusion. We are proud to be consecutively recognized by Inc. 5000 as one of the fastest-growing private companies, and by BuiltIn as one of best companies to work for in the U.S.
We are looking for a DevOps Engineer who is passionate about cloud operations and is looking for a creative, fun and friendly workplace. Our ideal candidate has a strong understanding and experience working with Linux operating systems; specifically troubleshooting and providing administration.
- Troubleshooting network, OS, and application issues for a complex distributed cloud-based communications platform.
- Automating infrastructure build-outs and deployments for web, database, and application servers and containers with an emphasis on scale.
- Defining and developing strategies for systems logging, monitoring, and reporting to facilitate pro-active service repair and resource allocation planning.
- Helping to establish and document the technical architecture and procedural standards required to meet the organization's goals for high availability and reliable service.
- Champion our culture of ownership and responsibility by demonstrating a dedication to meeting objectives
- Mentor developers at all levels
- This is an individual contributor role
You might be a good fit if you:
- Have 3+ years working with virtualized environments and containers (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience operating a full Linux production stack in a cloud environment (AWS, CentOS, Debian)
- Working knowledge of configuration management, monitoring, and unified logging (SaltStack, Terraform, Datadog)
- Solid understanding of general networking principles and common protocols
- Prior work with Asterisk, SIP, VOIP, or telephony in general
- Knowledge of RDBMS and NoSQL databases (MySQL, MongoDB, Redis)
- Familiarity with standard development tools and deployment pipelines (git, CI/CD)
- Experience with Java or TypeScript.
- Enjoys solving problems through the entire application stack
- Are able to take loose requirements, work with others to figure out what needs to be done, and drive a project forward
- Care about quality and know what it means to ship high quality code and infrastructure
- Love to collaborate with their peers, designing pragmatic solutions
- Have experience working in an Agile environment
Compensation: $125,000 to $200,000 per year plus equity
Location: This is a remote position and can be located anywhere in the United States.
- Company equity program
- Monthly stipend to facilitate a comfortable remote work environment
- Medical, dental, life and vision insurance
- Unlimited paid time off
- Paid family leave
- Short-term disability
- 401k plan
- Reimbursement for education and professional development
- Employee assistance program
- Pet insurance
Open Roles: Engineering
Role Type: Full Time
Role Location: Remote