DevOps Engineer at Zayo
Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world’s most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo’s 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo’s communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, and dedicated Internet access. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
The DevOps Engineer collaborates with software engineers, quality assurance analysts and project managers to develop, maintain, and improve Zayo's software platform and infrastructure, with a focus on automation of continuous integration/continuous delivery processes, observability, and operational support.
Support building new systems environments, and upgrading/patching existing ones, through use of automation tooling; build and test automation tools for infrastructure provisioning.
Design and implement build, deployment, and configuration management; build, maintain, and monitor configuration standards.
Build, maintain and manage continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) tools.
Handle code deployments as needed.
Formulate and develop new ideas to improvement development delivery.
Develop ways to monitor system metrics, and improve system performance.
Develop and improve best practices in development operations and release processes; document and design various processes; update existing processes.
Provide technical guidance and educate team members and coworkers on development and operations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, technical trade school, or equivalent experience in a programming or analytical discipline.
- 2+ years experience in a DevOps or related operational support role.
- The ideal candidate should be self-motivated, have a strong attention to detail, and possess a passion for delivering a high-quality product for stakeholders. Adaptability, good communication skills, and a company and team-first approach are required to be successful in our evolving and highly collaborative environment. The candidate should be a problem solver, with an eye to the bigger picture and an awareness to make decisions with the best interest of Zayo in mind, ultimately taking ownership and responsibility for actions and outcomes.
Preferred Tools and Experience
- Git/GitLab or modern DVCS system environment
- AWS Cloud environment and IaC using AWS CDK
- Cloud native logging, monitoring, and alerting strategies
- Configuration and container management
CO pay range: $75,500.00 - 125,800.00
Benefits, Rewards & Wellness
Annual Incentive Plan (AIP) - Full-time Zayo employees are also eligible for discretionary AIP which is based on the performance of the Company, an employee’s business segment, and the individual employee
Sales Incentive Plan - Full-time Zayo sales employees are also eligible for discretionary incentive cash compensation through our Sales Incentive Plan
Excellent Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
Retirement 401(k) Savings Plan
Fitness membership discounts
Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Please note, in accordance with Zayo's commitment to providing and maintaining a workplace free of recognized hazards, all U.S. and Canadian employees and any employee, vendor, customer, or visitor who enters a Zayo office or facility in the U.S. and Canada must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of such vaccination. If you are hired by Zayo, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination or have a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated.