DevOps Engineer III - Remote at Pax8
Pax8 is the leading value-added cloud-based SaaS distributor, simplifying the cloud journey for our partners by integrating technology, business intelligence, and proactive service to deliver an unparalleled experience. Serving over 13,700 partners through the indirect sales channel, our mission is to be the world’s favorite marketplace for technology professionals to buy cloud products. We are a fast-growing, dynamic, and high-energy organization with a start-up feel, allowing you to make a meaningful impact on the business. Culture is important to us, and at Pax8, it’s business, and it IS personal. We are passionate, creative, and humorously offbeat. We work hard, keep it fun, and expect the best. We Elev8 each other. We Advoc8 for our partners. We Innov8 continuously. We Celebr8 life.
Pax8 not only continuously wins numerous awards in our field but we have time and again been voted among the best places to work in Denver. We are committed to our goal of being the #1 employer of choice!
The DevOps Engineer III is a sharp, disciplined, self-starter with the ability to work independently or as part of a project. They contribute to the architecture, development, automation, testing, and maintenance of our software infrastructure. The Engineer works together with technical leadership, software engineers, and other DevOps members to solve exciting challenges as we grow. They use tools and frameworks such as docker containers, Kubernetes (EKS), Terraform, and other cloud native technologies to move from a centralized monolith to a distributed microservice ecosystem. The Engineer advances our CI/CD capabilities so that we can deliver value to the business at an ever-increasing rate.
Essential Responsibilities and Percentage of Time Spent (includes, but is not limited to):
- Support the technical approach for Microservice Architecture and provide oversight across multiple projects, working directly with Dev teams (35%)
- Support and maintain Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) of Pax8 and third-party Microservices in AWS using HELM, Kubernetes, Terraform, and GitHub Actions (35%)
- Perform quality assurance reviews in areas of expertise (10%)
- Assure high availability of Pax8 developed and managed services (10%)
- Mentor DevOps team members and Development Engineers (10%)
Ideal Skills, Experience, and Competencies:
- At least seven (7) years of designing and implementing microservice infrastructure using modern technologies and programming practices.
- Highly proficient in the architecture of and integration of AWS services such as EKS, ElastiCache, AWS Elasticsearch Service, RDS and MSK
- Highly proficient in troubleshooting production Kubernetes microservices
- Highly proficient with Prometheus and Grafana
- Subject-Matter Expert in the design of Terraform modules and best practices of writing Terraform across multiple repositories and deployed to multiple AWS accounts.
- Subject-Matter expert in CI/CD design and standardization across microservices
- Subject-Matter expert with networking principles and technologies such as ACL’s, Subnetting, DNS, load balancers, reverse proxies, containerized networking methodologies, etc.
- Database and replications skills including PSQL and NoSQL preferred
- Expert in Agile methodologies using tools such as Jira, Wrike, LeanKit, Rally or similar
- Strong presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Strong desire for automation
- Ability to lead people to meet both their career goals and the organizational goals
- Ability to drive vision and purpose- painting a compelling picture of the vision and strategy that motivates others to action
- Ability to operate effectively, even when things are not certain, or the way forward is not clear
- Ability to plan and prioritize work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals
- Ability to gain the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity
Required Education & Certifications:
- A./B.S. in related field or equivalent work experience
Professional office environment. Routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copy machines, printers, and filing cabinets. Remote and/or hybrid work at Pax8 requires all employees to have adequate secure and private internet service.
Sedentary role; primarily involves sitting/standing
Infrequent travel is expected of this position
Qualified candidates can expect a salary beginning at $110,000 or more depending on experience
- Non-Commissioned Bonus Plans or Variable Commission
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employer Paid Short & Long Term Disability, Life and AD&D Insurance
- Flexible, Open Vacation
- Paid Sick Time Off
- Extended Leave for Life events
- RTD Eco Pass (For local Colorado Employees)
- Career Development Programs
- Stock Option Eligibility
- Employee-led Resource Groups