We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect" candidate - Nor do we look for the right "fit" with us, we look for the Add! We encourage you to apply for a role at Pax8 even if you don’t meet 100% of the bullet points. We believe in cultivating an environment where there are a diversity of perspectives, in hopes that we can all thrive in an inclusive environment.
Pax8 also encourages all applicants authorized to work in the US to apply regardless of location.
The DevOps Engineer II responsibilities are primarily site reliability and security. As new technologies, services and systems are developed, it is the DevOps Engineer II responsibility to adopt, and take ownership. Monitoring, Backup, Availability, Performance, and Support of developed applications and services are all key areas of focus. Tasks are a hybrid of standard activities related to hosting applications and infrastructure, as well as internal team projects targeted at eliminating technical debt and Engineering improvements. After hours work is sometimes required in order to support availability, releases and maintenance.
Essential Responsibilities (includes, but is not limited to):
- Support the Availability of all developed and managed services
- Supports Continuous Integration & Deployment (CI/CD) of Pax8 services including Disaster Recovery and Continuity
- Manage & maintain the security and access controls for supported services
- Establishes operational monitoring and performance metrics for managed resources
- Respond to audit requests and initiatives
Ideal Skills, Experience, and Competencies:
- Five (5) years’ experience supporting an application development, preferably with Java based web platform
- Experience supporting AWS services
- Working knowledge of Kubernetes
- Configuration management and Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools: Ansible, Terraform
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) experience using tools like Jenkins
- Experience with networking principles and technologies (ACL’s, Subnetting, DNS, load balancers, reverse proxies, etc.)
- Experience with source code control systems such as Git, BitBucket, Subversion/SVN, or Microsoft TFS
- Experience working in a Lean/Agile environment using tools such as Wrike, Jira, LeanKit, Rally, Asana or Trello
- Strong analytical problem-solving ability
- Strong desire for automation
- Strong presentation, written, and verbal communication skills
- Sharp, disciplined, self-starter with the ability to work independently or as part of a project
- Database and replications skills including PSQL and data modeling preferred
- AWS, Azure, GCP, or Kubernetes certifications preferred
- Experience supporting NoSQL databases such as DynamoDB or MongoDB preferred
Required Education & Certifications:
- B.S./B.A. degree in IT, Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Qualified candidates can expect a salary beginning at $85,000 or more depending on experience
*Note: Compensation is benchmarked on local market rates. Qualified candidates in other locations can expect a salary package that may be adjusted based off applicable cost of wages in their respective location.
At Pax8 we believe that your Total Rewards should include a benefits package that shows how much we value our greatest assets. Pax8 people enjoy the following benefits:
Non-Commissioned Bonus Plans or Variable Commission
401(k) plan with employer match
Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
Employee Assistance Program
Employer Paid Short & Long Term Disability, Life and AD&D Insurance
Flexible, Open Vacation
Paid Sick Time Off
Extended Leave for Life events
RTD Eco Pass (For local Colorado Employees)
Career Development Programs
Stock Option Eligibility
Employee-led Resource Groups
Pax8 is the leading value-added cloud-based SaaS distributor, simplifying the cloud journey for our partners by integrating technology, business intelligence and proactive service to deliver an unparalleled experience. Serving over 13,000 partners through the indirect sales channel, our mission is to be the world’s favorite place to buy cloud products. We are a fast-growing, dynamic and high-energy startup organization, allowing you to make a meaningful impact on the business. Culture is important to us, and at Pax8, it’s business, and it IS personal. We are passionate, creative and humorously offbeat. We work hard, keep it fun, and expect the best. We Elev8 each other. We Advoc8 for our partners. We Innov8 continuously. We Celebr8 life.
Pax8 not only wins numerous awards in our field but we have time and again been voted among the best places to work in Denver. We are committed to our goal of being the #1 employer of choice!
Pax8 is an EEOC Employer.