DevOps Engineer II (Remote) at Vertafore
Vertafore is a leading technology company whose innovative software solution are advancing the insurance industry. Our suite of products provides solutions to our customers that help them better manage their business, boost their productivity and efficiencies, and lower costs while strengthening relationships. Our mission is to move InsurTech forward by putting people at the heart of the industry. We are leading the way with product innovation, technology partnerships, and focusing on customer success. Our fast-paced and collaborative environment inspires us to create, think, and challenge each other in ways that make our solutions and our teams better. We are headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with offices across the U.S., Canada, and India.
Does building out a top-tier DevOps team, and everything that comes with it, sound intriguing? As a DevOps Engineer II embedded in an energetic DevOps agile team, you will join a team in building out our continuous delivery infrastructure and processes for each of our products utilizing state-of-the-art technologies. You will be hands on leading the architecture and design of the frameworks for the automated continuous deployment of application code, the operational and security monitoring and care of the infrastructure and software platforms. You and your team will serve as the liaison between the agile development teams, SaaS operations, and external cloud providers for deployment, operational efficiency, security, and business continuity.
Our DevOps teams are tightly coupled and integrated with the culture, tools, practices, and patterns of the rest of our software engineering organization. They not only "keep the lights on" for our systems and networks, but also empower our other development teams with cutting-edge tools and capabilities to bring Vertafore products to market as quickly as possible. All of this is accomplished with cutting-edge, lean-agile, software development methodologies. Our culture fosters collaboration, innovation, integrity, mentorship, commitment to success and FUN. Our managers are dedicated to growing their people and offering an opportunity that allows you to make an impact in your career.
If you have a passion for DevOps, are hungry to learn, and are looking for a creative, fun, and friendly workplace where you get to develop software that will transform the insurance industry, we would love to get in touch with you.
Essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Automate manual processes (e.g., build, configuration, security)
- Implement Continuous Deployment (CD) and Continuous Integration (CI) to promote changes across environments
- Provision infrastructure using tools such as CloudFormation and Terraform
- Write automated tests across applications and infrastructure to validate functionality that run continuously
- Design metrics to track system reliability and alerts through CloudWatch and Prometheus
- Work across teams to integrate, configure, manage, and support production systems
- Install and maintain application middleware with Chef
- 1-3 years working in a DevOps or software development role
- 2 years working with Linux server operating systems
- Knowledge of infrastructure provisioning tools (e.g., Terraform, CloudFormation, or similar)
- Experience using a configuration management tool (e.g., Chef, Ansible, Puppet or similar)
- 1-2 years working with a cloud provider (e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Experience putting together build pipelines (e.g., Bamboo, Jenkins, GitLab, TFS, TeamCity, etc.)
- Scripting ability (e.g., Python, PowerShell, Bash)
- Excitement about DevOps
- Experience with Java containers (e.g., WebLogic, Tomcat, etc.)
Additional Requirements and Details:
- $1,000 signing bonus
- Ability to work remotely with a stable internet connection
- Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds
- Frequent repetitive hand and arm movements required to operate a computer
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (working on a computer, etc.)
- Frequent sitting and/or standing