DevOps Engineer I at pax8
Pax8 is the leading value-added cloud-based SaaS distributor, simplifying the cloud journey for our partners by integrating technology, business intelligence, and proactive service to deliver an unparalleled experience. Serving over 3,500 partners through the indirect sales channel, our mission is to be the world’s favorite place to buy cloud products. We are a fast-growing, dynamic, and high-energy organization with a start-up feel, allowing you to make a meaningful impact on the business. Culture is important to us, and at Pax8, it’s business, and it IS personal. We are passionate, creative, and humorously offbeat. We work hard, keep it fun, and expect the best. We Elev8 each other. We Advoc8 for our partners. We Innov8 continuously. We Celebr8 life.
Pax8 not only continuously wins numerous awards in our field but we have time and again been voted among the best places to work in Denver. We are committed to our goal of being the #1 employer of choice!
The DevOps Engineer I responsibilities are primarily team Ticket triage, as well as tools and access support for Engineering staff. Monitoring and Performance of the pipelines, and Support of developed applications and services are all key areas of focus. Tasks are a hybrid of trusted DBA functions, release management and troubleshooting of supported systems. After hours work is sometimes required in order to support availability, releases and maintenance.
- DevOps team ticket triage 25%
- Manage & maintain the security and access controls for supported services 25%
- Code base, Branch, and Pull Request management 25%
- Supports Continuous Integration & Deployment (CI/CD) of Pax8 Services 15%
- Oversee monitoring and performance metrics for managed resources 10%
Ideal Skills, Experience, and Competencies:
- One to three (1-3) years’ experience supporting an application development, preferably with Java based web platform
- Experience supporting AWS services
- Configuration management and Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools: Ansible, Terraform
- Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) experience using tools like Jenkins
- Understands networking principles and technologies
- Experience with source code control systems such as Git, BitBucket, Subversion/SVN, or Microsoft TFS
- Experience working in a Lean/Agile environment using tools such as Wrike, Jira, LeanKit, Rally, Asana or Trello
- Strong analytical problem-solving ability
- Strong desire for automation
- Strong presentation, written, and verbal communication skills
- Sharp, disciplined, self-starter with the ability to work independently or as part of a project
- Basic PSQL Database administration tasks and query support experience
- Additional programming/scripting languages: Terraform, Ansible, Python, AWS CLI, bash preferred
Required Education & Certifications:
- B.S./B.A. degree in IT, Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Professional office environment. Routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copy machines, printers, and filing cabinets.
- Must have good internet connection from home and be able to work remotely as needed.
- Must have smartphone data service plan and SMS
- Qualified candidates can expect a salary beginning at $88,000 or more depending on experience
- Non-Commissioned Bonus Plans or Variable Commission
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employer Paid Short & Long Term Disability, Life and AD&D Insurance
- Flexible, Open Vacation
- Paid Sick Time Off
- Extended Leave for Life events
- RTD Eco Pass (For local Colorado Employees)
- Career Development Programs
- Stock Option Eligibility
- Employee-led Resource Groups