DevOps Engineer, CX Technologies at Prologis
Prologis is the global leader in logistics real estate. We own, manage and develop high-quality properties in the world’s most vibrant centers of commerce, approximately 771 million square feet in 19 countries. Some of the world’s largest brands (e.g., Amazon, BMW, DHL, FedEx, Pepsi) turn to us because they know an efficient supply chain will make their businesses run better, and a strategic relationship with Prologis will create competitive advantage. As the top ranked U.S. company and sixth overall among the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World, we take our global footprint seriously.
DevOps Engineer, CX Technologies
Do you want to play a role in global commerce?
Prologis is looking for talented DevOps software engineer with experience and interest in building high impact customer facing applications that run on AWS. The ideal DevOps engineer will have a passion for delivering robust DevOps automation and operations solutions to support cloud application engineering teams. As a DevOps engineer you will have the responsible to deliver fully automated end-to-end CI/CD pipeline processes spanning integration, automated tests, and software quality metrics along with zero downtime feature/microservice driven deployments using blue/green or canary deployment techniques. Additionally you will be responsible to implement and utilize monitoring and alerting infrastructure capabilities that provide insight into runtime of systems and applications along with information to enable rapid problem detection and remediation. The DevOps engineer will deliver solutions to support our entire AWS stack which spans CloudFront, AppSync, API Gateway, Lambda, DynamoDB, RDS, VPN, SNS, SQS, SES, Cognito, CloudWatch, CloudFormation, CodePipeline, etc…
Since quality is at the forefront of everything our team does, we are looking for true passion for writing robust, re-usable, and well-tested code. We need engineer who understands software development, knows how to get source code into production, understands AWS infrastructure, but enjoys all the things necessary to improving deploying, monitoring, and operating production services.
What’s needed in order to do that:
As a key member of Prologis DevOps team, you will deliver DevOps solutions to the cloud application engineers that increase overall team productivity/efficiency, accelerate application time to market/value, minimize defects, and facilitate smooth operations.
- Design, implement, and maintain highly available infrastructure on AWS
- Develop effective tooling to accelerate deploy and release management
- Build and implement monitoring and logging services
- Proactively ensure system and infrastructure confidentiality, integrity, and availability
- Troubleshoot production issues and coordinate with the development team to streamline code deployment
- Implement automation tools and frameworks (CI/CD pipelines)
- Collaborate with team members to improve the company’s engineering tools, systems and procedures, and data security
- Write scripts to automate common tasks, infrastructure configurations & deployments, and application deployments across all environments
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Build effective logging, monitoring, alerts, and metrics for production services
- Build effective DevOps services, pipelines, processes, and tooling
Tell us if you’re ready.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS, or relevant field
- 3+ years experience as a DevOps Engineer or equivalent software-engineering role.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with Amazon Web Services including strong experience with multiple AWS IaaS and PaaS services
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or Mathematics
- 'Make-it-happen' attitude, the innate capacity for ownership and timely delivery of results in a fast-paced environment
- Strong understand and experience with Agile implementation methodology
- Experience with continuous integration software including AWS CodePipeline, CircleCI, Jenkins, Service Application Model (SAM) or similar
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code concepts and technologies including CloudFormation, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Terraform or similar
- Software development experience in a language like NodeJS, Python, or Go along with knowledge of shell scripting
- Experience with Application Performance Monitoring (APM) tools such as CloudWatch, Dynatrace, App Dynamics, New Relic or similar
- Experience with automated testing tools such as Selenium, JMeter, or Gatling
- Experience with implementing DevOps solution for AWS cloud platform services including CloudFront, AppSync, API Gateway, Lambda, RDS/Postgres, VPC, DynamoDB, SQS, SES, S3, Cognito, CloudFront, CloudWatch, WAF, Shield, etc…
- Experience with Identity Access Management (IAM) and Identity Provider (IdP) technologies and standards (e.g. oAuth, OpenID, JWT, SAML).
- Experience with SCM practices, such as branching and code merge along with SCM tools such as GitHub, and SwaggerHub
- Strong understanding of blue/green and canary deployment techniques or similar
- Working understanding of HTTP APIs, RESTful web services, and Microservice architectures
- Experience with automated testing, test-driven development and/or behavior-driven development
- Good understanding of Reactive Architecture principles including responsiveness, scalability, resiliency, and asynchronous message driven integration
- Up-to-date on latest industry trends; able to articulate trends and potential clearly and confidently
- Ability to cultivating positive relationships with the application engineering and architecture teams
- Good interpersonal skills and communication with all levels of management
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Able to work both independently and as part of a globally distributed team
- Meticulous attention to detail
Each of us working at Prologis plays an essential role in the enduring success of our company. We value people who are decisive, courageous and adaptable. While we are one company, locations and departments operate with autonomy and accountability. Individuals take the initiative here.
When you join Prologis, you work shoulder to shoulder with some of the top talent in the industry to do the best work of your career. Every employee belongs. Every employee contributes. Employees advance their careers here.
As a successful global enterprise, Prologis has never lost sight of what matters most, our strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. And because of that, we provide a generous total rewards package and take a lot of time to focus on quality management and leadership development. People come first here.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of drug screen and background verification. Prologis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religions, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.