DevOps Engineer (ADX-09-20) at ArcherDX
THE COMPANY: ArcherDX, Inc. - www.ArcherDX.com
ArcherDX is advancing molecular diagnostics with a robust technology platform for genetic mutation detection by next-generation sequencing. By combining patented Anchored Multiplex PCR (AMP™) chemistry in an easy-to-use, lyophilized format and powerful bioinformatics software, the Archer® platform enhance genetic mutation identification. ArcherDX provides oncology-focused research products and is pursuing regulatory approval for multiple companion diagnostic assays. ArcherDX is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado. Learn more at www.archerdx.com and follow @ArcherDXInc on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Ensure that Archer’s genomics platform is highly available, scalable, and maintainable
- Maintain and extend existing configuration management deployments
- Migrate existing deployment tools into a fully automated and managed process
- Troubleshoot production issues and coordinate with the development team to streamline code deployment.
Conduct systems tests for security, performance, and availability.
- Extend and enhance existing CI/CD pipelines
- Work directly with the DevOps and SRE engineers and software engineers to ensure system integrity
- Monitor metrics and develop ways to improve telemetry gathering, reporting, and alerting
- Follow best practices and procedures as established by both ArcherDx and industry
- Review, understanding, and compliance with ArcherDX HIPAA Security policies and procedures
- Safeguarding the privacy and security of protected health information and European Union personal data
- Processing and handling of European Union personal data only as directed by ArcherDX for purposes of personalized molecular pathology
- Bachelor’s degree in CS, engineering, software engineering, or related field, or equivalent working experience
- Two years in an SRE/DevOps role, or related IT or operations field
- Strong Linux and Bash skills
- Proficient with configuration management tools (e.g. Salt, Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
- Proficient with AWS tools and infrastructure (EC2, S3, IAM, ECS, Lambda, and CloudWatch),
- Proficient with CI/CD tools (e.g. Jenkins), and scripting languages (Python strongly preferred)
- Proficient with IAC tools such as Terraform (preferred)
- Proficient with containerized systems in a cloud environment
- Familiar with Scrum and Agile development methodologies
- Up-to-date on latest industry trends; able to articulate trends and potential clearly and confidently
- Good interpersonal skills and communication with all levels of management
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Solution-oriented attitude
- Drive and determination
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Ability to participate with others as a member of the team to ensure that demanding and difficult projects are handled smoothly and cooperatively to enhance the success of the projects and maintain strong relationships within all parts of the company.
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Driven to perform
- Self-directed: needs little explicit direction
- Able to organize, prioritize, and delegate tasks to efficiently move projects forward.
- BS/MS in computer science, information system, or related field and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.