DevOps Architect at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Science
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team:
You will be a member of a team that is responsible for the architecture, installation, configuration, and operation of development tools used by FIS development teams around the world. You'll help install and configure these tools, integrate them with other corporate systems, help teams adopt the tools, and help automate and troubleshoot operations. The team you'll be working with uses these same tools in their own processes, so you will be working with some of the latest tools and technologies in software development.
What you will be doing:
DevOps Architect – guide application development team through development process. Select, operate and administer “commercial-off-the-shelf” (COTS) systems and system software that make up underlying operating environment in support of software development. Design and implement continuous deployment processes
- Manage and troubleshoot enterprise development tools like Jira, BitBucket, Artifactory, Jenkins, and TFS
- Design and develop automated processes for release management, metrics, and reporting
- Identify, Mitigate, and resolve technical risks and issues
- Participate in the design of automation architecture for cloud delivery in Azure and AWS
- Collaborate with Software Engineers to understand their requirements and assist them consuming CI/CD infrastructure tools
What you bring:
- Experience developing continuous integration and continuous deployment pipelines
- Experience with git and configuration management processes
- Experience with Docker Development and deployment into Kubernetes/OpenShift
- Ability to work independently and within a distributed team environment
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork, problem solving, organizational, and multi-tasking skills
- Comfortable working with a globally diverse set of users, contractors, and partners
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Desire to stay educated on current technology trends
- University Degree (BA/BS) or equivalent experience and a minimum of 3 year of related work experience
Added bonus if you have:
- Understanding of agile development practices, including agile scrum methodology, and 12 factor app principles
- Experience with Linux, JBoss, Tomcat, and Apache/Nginx
- Experience with scripting languages like python, groovy, and powershell
- Knowledge of development practices for Java, NodeJS, dotNET
- Automation experience using Ansible, Terraform, etc.
- Experience with monitoring tools like ELK, Splunk and Grafana
- Experience with automated test tools e.g. Selenium
What we offer you:
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A generous paid time off program in which the benefits increase along with your tenure with the company
- Health/Vision/Dental Insurance plans
- Tax advantage flexible spending accounts and health savings accounts
- Health advocate program, tuition reimbursement and a group legal service plan
- 401K match and Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Company Paid Volunteer Day
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.