Development Ops Engineer III
The Development Ops Engineer III works closely with Support, Development/QA, Implementation, Infrastructure, and Product Management to ensure applications are operating 24/7. Evaluates new technologies for adoption with a commitment to automation to ensure efficient operations. Helps drive technology standards adoption and definition. Supports production and Integration environments. Work on-call rotation that requires after hours scheduled and unplanned work. Primarily office based position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement task automation and business workflow monitoring through scripting or other technologies.
- Work Customer issues in assigned SalesForce queue by troubleshooting application issues, and closing the loop with all parties involved.
- Contribute to the definition and management of application layer technology standards and processes including but not limited to: software version, configuration management, load balancing, database connectivity, and release/maintenance management.
- Mentor and develop a Global DevOps team that is responsible for advancing all Application Services in multiple regions, in an ever growing SAAS based company.
- Manage tool administration (New Relic, AlertSite, cloudwatch, PRTG, PagerDuty, graylog, Kibana, custom scripts).
- Support new customer implementations and the transitions from lower environments to production support.
- Respond to technical application questions and issues raised by customers in support of our Operating Level agreements. Handle escalations using a swarming methodology.
- Respond to off hour’s pages and escalations.
- Participates in maintenance, performance testing, operations acceptance testing (OAT) and / or release activities as required.
- Administer assigned JIRA ticket queues and follow up with appropriate parties. Regularly, clearly and effectively communicate pertinent information to team members, management and customers according to Support service level standards.
- Provide feedback to product and development teams to improve usability and functionality of GHX applications. Use Agile methodology (JIRA Agile) to manage projects and work independently.
- Adopt and participate in Knowledge Centered Support (KCS) by creating and modifying articles in SalesForce. Articles should be sufficient to resolve cases and major service disruptions.
- 4+ years of Application Support and AWS Cloud services administration.
- Must be able to work from own initiative, learn quickly, and function effectively with team members in a high pressure and dynamic environment.
- A commitment to best practices. We’ll want your opinions on operation process, DevOps, deployment checklists, and more.
- Design and create services and system architecture for your projects, and contribute and provide feedback cross-functionally with other teams
- Work with the product and design teams to understand end-user requirements, formulate use cases, and then translate that into a pragmatic and effective technical solution
- Must demonstrate effective listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- J2EE or .Net application production/customer support experience.
- Customer-focused attitude.
- Experience with task automation.
- Experience with environment monitoring tools (Cloudwatch/New Relic/PagerDuty/etc...).
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) or cloud based architecture support experience.
- Ability to understand and work with complex enterprise application environments.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow established procedures.
- Familiarity with ITIL and SLM Change Management concepts (desired)
- Familiarity with Oracle/SQL Server and RDBMS concepts (desired)
- Supervisory or lead experience (desired)
- Ability to use a wide variety of Open Source technologies and Cloud Services (Experience in AWS is required)
- A working understanding of code and script (Java, PHP, Python, Ruby)
- Experience with Automation/Configuration Management using docker, bit bucket, and cloud formation template.
Technical Skills (must have a subset of the following):
- Windows, Linux, and Unix OS proficiency (required)
- AWS – Amazon Web Services (required)
- Python, Perl, Unix and/or Windows scripting experience (Required)
- Tomcat/Apache Application Server Administration
- JSON and restful API experience
- Extensive Knowledge of API’s, ideally in SOA applications
- Experience with different databases including NoSQL, Mongo, and DynamoDB
- Continuous Integration and Containers
- Apache Administration
- Understanding of OSI Model
- JVM monitoring tools (jvmstat, etc.)
- Network monitoring (snoop, NetMon)
- EDI (ANSI/X12), and XML knowledge
- HTTPS, AS2, SFTP protocols
Education / Certification(s)
- 4-year degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience (required)
- Solaris/Linux Certification (Preferred)
Global Healthcare Exchange, LLC and its North American subsidiaries (collectively, “GHX”) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any status protected by applicable law. This EEO policy applies to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including hiring, training and development, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, educational assistance, termination, layoffs, social and recreational programs, and retirement.
GHX believes that employees should be provided with a working environment which enables each employee to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. GHX expects and requires the cooperation of all employees in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere. Improper interference with the ability of GHX’s employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.