Development Manager- Intelligent Automation at FIS
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
TheA.I. and Automationteam is driving a transformational journey across multiple groups at FIS. We have a clear focus on enhancing operational efficiency, improving customer satisfaction and reducing time to delivery throughintelligentautomation,self-servicetransformation, and accelerating digitization efforts. We use the right tool to solve high impact problems, buildingintelligent solutions through hybrid AI/ML and traditional RPA frameworks.We are seeking an experienced Engineer tolead anddrive development, operations, and system-reliability optimization for AIand automation initiativesthat deliver maximum impact today and prepare us for the future.
What you will be doing
We believe A. I . is the way forward. If you are curious, passionate and know how to "gets things done", then we want to talk with you!
- Development and delivery of world class technology solutions in the Intelligent Automation space using a modern agile software development approach.
- Translate complex business needs into user-focused solutions that are simple, elegant and maintainable.
- Manage a team of developers both onshore and offshore, having the responsibility of building a strong, cohesive, high energy team. Team size will include technical resources between onshore and offshore.
- Delivery oversight - responsible for on time and high-quality deliverables. Responsible for defining and achieving team key performance metrics for high quality operational results.
- Define and implement solid development processes that cover all aspects of design and development (e.g. rigorous code reviews, structured unit testing, vulnerability testing and remediation).
- Talent management and development - build the next level of leadership within the team, carry out career pathing for high performers.
- Develop partnerships with key stakeholders, ensure a high degree of transparency.
- Out-of-the box thinking regarding technology solutions and in resolving issues/roadblocks for the team.
- Regular reporting of progress regarding the various projects, flagging risks early and resolving them quickly.
- Has overall responsibility of the automated solutions in production including aspects around availability/uptime.
- Self-motivated, proactive, and an out-of-the-box thinker, demonstrating high levels of initiative and integrity.
- Brings a technical foundation with strong people management, process management and leadership skills
- Always curious and has the intellectual agility to learn quickly, adapt to change and enjoy tackling challenges.
- People management experience leading a team of 10 or more technical employees. Offshore people management experience highly preferred.
- At least 12 to 15 years of industry experience with a strong background in design and delivery of enterprise applications.
- Excellent background of enterprise design and 2+ years of hands on architecture experience with key focus on areas that include scalability, performance and security.
- Strong fundamentals with hands-on experience with C++, .NET (C#) or Java.
- Ability to work across multiple tools, frameworks and technology stacks.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with an ability to break down complex problems.
- Superlative communication skills, having the ability to communicate effectively with a variety of audiences.
- Very high energy levels, demonstrating the attitude and drive to take on more, do more and be more. Also bringing with them a high degree of flexibility and adaptability.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, ability to execute effectively within a team.
- Prior experience with RPA tools such as UiPath and Automation Anywhere is desirable but not mandatory.
What we offer you
- Attractive benefits including private medical cover, dental cover, and travel insurance
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A modern, international work environment and a dedicated and motivated team
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
Notice to all US applicants: All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.