Developer Support Engineer at Nylas
Sorry, this job was removed at 1:20 p.m. (MST) on Friday, April 29, 2022
Who we are
Our mission at Nylas is to turn communication into inspiration and insight. We empower over 100,000 developers and over 900 companies all over the world to access, parse, and gain insights from communications data to provide better experiences for their customers and users, all while providing top tier security and compliance. To achieve this vision, we’ve raised over $175M from Tiger Global, 8VC, ScaleUp, Spark Capital, Slack, and more.
We have a huge market (every company that builds software) and a massive opportunity (the world runs on communication and data). By continuing to hire exceptional people from all different backgrounds and perspectives, we have the opportunity to make Nylas one of the biggest, most successful and equitable technology companies in the world.
Nylas is an advocate for the well-being of our employees. We trust our employees and give them the autonomy to achieve their goals without focusing on when, where, and how they get there. We are a flexibility first workplace. That means if you have a preference for working fully remote, going into the office every day, or anywhere in between, we support that working style. but if Nylanauts want to work from an office, we have hubs in San Francisco, Denver, New York City, Toronto, and London.
We are also strong supporters of internal and cross-team mobility and growth. We want Nylas to be a place where anyone can be supported to grow, learn, and become the best at what they do. We’ve been named a top Startup for career growth and development by Forbes, Great Places to Work, and Comparably!
From our CTO + Co-Founder, Christine Spang:
“We have a number of folks on the team who started as an individual contributor and became staff level or leaders in their area. I personally love seeing people reach their full potential and become successful at Nylas.”
About the role
Nylas is looking for an intelligent, diligent, and results-driven individual to join our technical support team. Hundreds of businesses rely on the Nylas Cloud APIs to power their products, and your role will be critical in ensuring their sustained growth and success. You'll work with startup leaders and top technical talent within our industry to help them build robust applications using Nylas APIs.
You will work alongside Nylas engineers to help triage and resolve issues that impact the reliability and speed of our product. You’ll also help recognize and prioritize trends in customer issues and implement processes and automation that fix them. Your deep technical understanding of our infrastructure will allow you to onboard new customers onto our platform and help existing ones quickly resolve issues.
You should have strong technical aptitude, experience providing empathetic customer-facing support, and the demonstrated ability to work collaboratively.
- Help customers solve technical problems and answer questions about product capabilities
- Lead customer conversations as a technical expert, where your knowledge and expertise of the Nylas Cloud APIs will allow you to guide implementation and onboard customers
- Manage customer support tickets and provide regular updates to open tickets
- Develop customer-facing documentation and integration guides
- Collaborate closely with various teams including engineering (provide feedback, file and fix bugs), go-to-market (respond quickly to high priority issues, talk to prospects), and product (provide roadmap feedback)
- Develop technical messaging and platform architecture documentation describing the Nylas Cloud APIs
- You've provided technical product support (preferably for SaaS)
- You have demonstrated experience working on technical issues, troubleshooting bugs, and communicating with engineers
- You've used APIs to build applications and/or query data
- You can thrive in a fast-paced environment with lots of autonomy
- You are detail-oriented and have great verbal and written communication skills
- You have deep empathy towards technical and non-technical users and thrive on making customers feel empowered
- You love solving puzzles and learning new tools and approaches to do so
Perks and Benefits:
• Nylas Alumni Fund: after 3 years employment, Nylas will invest $20k into your seed round if you decide to start your own company
• Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO): we take this very seriously as we care about the well-being of our employees
• Healthcare: 90% premium coverage for medical, dental and vision for you and your family
• One Medical onsite and tele-health membership for you and dependents
• Additional: Health and DC FSA, Life insurance, with options for STD, LTD
• Retirement Plan: match up to 3% of annual salary for 401k or RRSP contributions
• Education Stipend: $1k annual education & development benefit
• Perk card: $150 per month towards health, wellness, and other perks via Assembly
• Cell Phone: $50 per month stipend towards cell phone reimbursement
• Fully Paid Parental Leave: 12 weeks parental leave (maternity & paternity)
Not sure if this is you?
We want a diverse, global team, with a broad range of experience and perspectives. If this job sounds great, but you’re not sure if you qualify, apply anyway! We carefully consider every application and will either move forward with your application, find another team that might be better suited to your skills, keep in touch for future opportunities, or thank you for your time.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Nylas is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states/provinces. If you are not located in or able to work from a state/province where Nylas is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Nylas is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also EEO is the Law.