This isn't your typical DevRel role. The developers we work with at Tangram Vision are among the most sophisticated and adventurous out there. They're mostly computer vision, robotics and perception engineers, with a few generalist software and hardware engineers thrown in for good measure, too.
They're just as comfortable working out complex mathematical equations as they are coding in C++ or Rust. They remain engaged with the academic world, always curious to see what new innovations are emerging from the top robotics and computer vision programs at prestigious research universities. And they expect companies like ours to meet them at their level — which is to say, everything we do must not only be technically sound, but highly innovative as well.
Our ideal Developer Evangelist, then, is highly technical themselves. You've got solid coding chops (C++ and Rust), and you're an active user of many of the platforms that our developer audience already uses, like Github and Stack Overflow. You're also excited by technology and codebases that are an order of magnitude more sophisticated than what's typical.
Your primary responsibility will be to represent Tangram Vision to the developer community, and represent the developer community to Tangram Vision.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Contributing at least weekly to the Tangram Visions blog with relevant, technical content
- Representing Tangram Vision in developer channels like Github, DEV and Stack Overflow, and in Discords, Slacks and other online communities.
- Surfacing trends and sentiments from the computer vision and robotics communities to help guide the Tangram Vision product roadmap
- Helping our developers to get up to speed quickly with the Tangram Vision SDK, including configuration assistance and debugging
- Creating shareable content like tutorials, eBooks and how-to guides
- Representing Tangram Vision at conferences, meetups and other in-person events
- Create and boost social media content on channels like Twitter and LinkedIn
- Assisting in creating documentation and developer tools
You won't be alone in this role; the entire Tangram Vision team currently handles the above tasks, and will continue to contribute, assist and collaborate. BONUS: want to gain computer vision engineering chops? You'll be working with a world-class team of computer vision engineers day in, day out who will help get you up to speed on concepts, tools, and code. And you'll get to play around with robots, too!
Post-COVID, this role will likely require travel for 10-25% of the year.
About Tangram Vision
Tangram Vision (Tangram) is a team of computer vision and sensor experts with a collective three decades of experience building sensors and sensor-driven products. Tangram's mission is to make it effortless to add sensors to vision-enabled products like robots and drones. Tangram is funded by top-tier venture capital investors, with offices in Colorado and California. Tangram is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate based on race, gender or gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, national origin or genetic information.