Developer Advocate at Moov Financial
Moov is the payments processor devoted to delighting users. We help software companies add money movement to their products, letting the end-user drive how they pay and get paid.
We’re looking for our first Developer Advocate to join our Community team. You’ll identify external opportunities to engage audiences to build awareness, excitement, and engagement around Moov OSS libraries and integration capabilities. You will build and maintain a strong and credible presence in the developer community by writing technical blog posts, demos, and documentation for Moov's SDKs and APIs. Reporting to our Director of Ecosystem Partnerships you will be a key part of our company’s success and will be part of a rapidly scaling company.
- Own the technical relationship with our open-source community members and be the key impact player to help deliver technical solutions to our open-source community members
- Collaborate with internal engineering teams to define the product roadmap, market positioning, and developer program initiatives to make sure developers understand the story in our product and technical nuances, and partner with them to deliver success on their integrations
- Engage developers by creating innovative content on various channels (the Moov Blog, GitHub, YouTube, Twitch, etc.)
- Build extensions and integrations on top of Moov’s published APIs
- Work with Product Management, UX and Engineering to source feedback to improve our products, integrations, services and documentation
- Deliver compelling presentations, product demos, sample solutions, and technical discussions to drive adoption of Moov’s open-source libraries and commercial offering
- Gather community insights and share user feedback internally to influence our developer roadmap
- Experience with GO or GO familiar languages like Java, C, C++, or Rust
- A strong interest in building a developer community and gaining respect from software developers
- A passion for open-source and working in public
- Experience with technical writing
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- You work independently and know when to ask for help from your colleagues to take a project from conception to execution
Bonus points if you also have:
- A commitment to learning and improving your development skills in GO
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related experience with payment technologies field OR equivalent experience
- Experience building tools for other developers
- Prior experience as a software engineer with a broad range of technologies and platforms
- You have writing samples or recording of presentations on technical topics for the public
Moov is a 100% remote company with people from more than 16 states. We’re backed by a16z and other respected investors. We won Visa’s global Everywhere Initiative and our community of builders grows larger every day. We’re committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills and we embrace diversity, creativity, and equal opportunity.
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger.
We have mountain bikers, skiers/boarders, runners, video gamers, musicians, movie buffs, weight lifters, and about every other type of person in between. We enjoy solving problems and tackling challenges with creativity. If we don’t know the answer, we revel in the hunt to find it. We like helping people and choose to give first. We’re patient, open, and honest. If you share our values and enthusiasm for making the complex simple and delightful, you’ll find a home at Moov.
- 100% remote. We make remote-work work.
- We match what you contribute to your 401(k) up to 5% of your salary
- Generous parental leave
- Competitive health, dental, and vision insurance plans
- Unlimited PTO, paid holidays, and sick leave
- Learning stipend and a culture that encourages and promotes professional growth and development
- Home office stipend
- Ownership in the company via employee stock options
- Culture of people helping people who give first, celebrate wins together and embrace autonomy, transparency, and trust
- The opportunity to join an experienced and ambitious team passionate about solving customers’ needs and who love what they do
- Partner with a community of 2000+ developers around the world, helping them focus on possibilities vs payments
Salary range: $85k to $135k based on experience, geography, and other key factors
If you are nervous about not having the right qualifications, apply anyway! We hire people, not job roles. We look for talent that will help us push boundaries, experiment, and bring in new ideas. That means caring more about qualities than qualifications.
One more thing:
Don’t go iron your clothes for your interview (do people still own irons?). We're all pretty casual here, so you can wear whatever you are most comfortable in.
When you meet with us, have some concrete, tangible examples of when you’ve added value, improved something, created something, or done some fantastic, customer-centric work. We also want to learn about you as a person. If you want to know what it’s like working at Moov, check out stories from our employees.
Share our job roles with others! Wouldn’t it be nice to make new friends and bring over old friends? We think so.