Stream is seeking a Go developer to join our Developer Relations team. Our highly-collaborative team focused on supporting developers around the world who are integrating Stream products into their applications. This person can be based out of Boulder, Amsterdam, or remote.
##What You Will Do
- Spread awareness of Stream by building community, driving discussions, and providing guidance to developers.
- Work with the SDK, product, and API teams on a daily basis to improve the overall developer experience.
- Relay feedback to the team and help influence the product roadmap based on community feedback.
- Write, release, document, and manage open-source projects and demo apps built on Stream products.
##Who You Are
- A lifelong learner who is always looking for the next challenge.
- Self-motivated, driven and can solve problems autonomously.
- Focused on solving problems in the best way possible.
- A detail-oriented individual whose effort shows the high-quality output.
- An excellent communicator who enjoys teaching others through different modes of communication (e.g. writing, video).
##Ideally, you have
- A minimum of 4 years of experience as a software engineer or equivalent technical experience.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- 1-2 years of technical consulting or in a community engagement capacity.
- An expert-level understanding of Go in a production-level environment.
- Experience working with and building third-party developer tools (e.g. APIs, SDKs).
- A transparent history of GitHub commits and contributions to open-source projects.
- Participated in online and offline developer communities and ecosystems such as open-source platforms, blogs, YouTube video series, tech conferences, hackathons, meet-ups, technical teaching, and training.
- Worked with AWS and other cloud providers.
- A strong understanding of SQL or NoSQL databases (e.g. PostgreSQL, MongoDB).
- Experience working as a Developer Advocate.
- Strong social presence.
- Examples of written content (e.g., Medium, Dev.to, personal blog, other).
- Proficiency in other backend languages (e.g. Node, Python, Scala, other).
##What’s In It For You US:
- Company equity
- 3+ weeks of paid time off plus 10 paid holidays
- Free health insurance for the employee and a discounted rate for dependents
- 401k contribution plan
- 100% paid parental leave
- A dog-friendly office
- A Macbook Pro and a work-from-home stipend
- Team lunches and plenty of snacks (onsite only)
- An office on Pearl Street in downtown Boulder
- A competitive salary
- Company equity
- 24 days paid time off
- Membership and a contribution to a pension scheme
- A generous Learning and Development budget
- Commute expenses to Amsterdam covered or option to use a company bike within the city
- Gym membership of choice covered
- MacBook Pro or another development setup
- Healthy team lunches and plenty of snacks
- A generous relocation package
- An office in the heart of Amsterdam
Salary (for US only): Our salary ranges are based on national averages. We have wide ranges so we can be flexible and determine compensation based on a number of factors including candidate's skills, level of experience, and location. The salary range for this position is $90,000 - $140,000.
Stream provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.