Detection Engineer at Zoom Video Communications
In most cases, you will have the opportunity to choose your preferred working location from the following options when you join Zoom: in-person, hybrid or remote. Visit this page for more information about Zoom's Workstyles .
Zoomies help people stay connected so they can get more done together. We set out to build the best video product for the enterprise, and today help people communicate better with products like Zoom Contact Center, Zoom Phone, Zoom Events, Zoom Apps, Zoom Rooms, and Zoom Webinar.
We're problem-solvers, working at a fast pace to design solutions with our customers and users in mind. Here, you'll work across teams to deliver impactful projects that are changing the way people communicate and enjoy opportunities to advance your career in a diverse, inclusive environment.
We are seeking an experienced Detection Engineer who will play a key role as part of the Cyber Defense Team, which includes Threat Detection & Hunting, Incident Response, SOC, Threat Intel and Security Monitoring and Logging.
- Work with teams inside and outside Cyber Defense to create high-fidelity detection content (both rule-based and behavior-based).
- Participate in the design, implementation and administration of various security technologies as they relate to detection and hunting.
- Proactively identify log sources with detection and hunting values and facilitate onboarding and tuning in order to have better efficacy.
- Use SOAR to automate and streamline detection and hunting workflows.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Proficiency in creating detection content (Experience with Splunk is preferred).
- Scripting and programming experience (Python, Bash, Java, Scala, etc).
- Deep understanding of Linux, macOS, Windows endpoint and network level analysis for both on-premise and cloud environments.
- Knowledge of Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) groups and their commonly used Tactics, Techniques and Procedures (TTPs) as well as MITRE ATT&CK framework.
- B.S. or M.S. in Information Security, Computer Science, Mathematics or equivalent experience.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Zoomies is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. Zoom is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives including qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records and any qualified applicants requiring reasonable accommodations in accordance with the law. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a medical condition, or if you need assistance accessing our website or completing the application process, please let us know by emailing us at [email protected] .
Zoom requires all U.S. employees who will work in person at a Zoom office, attend in-person Zoom meetings or have in-person customer meetings to be fully vaccinated. Zoom will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons as required under applicable law.
At Zoom, we care about our employees, their families, and their well-being. As part of our award-winning workplace culture and commitment to delivering happiness, our benefits program offers a variety of perks, benefits, and options to help employees maintain their physical, mental, emotional, and financial health; support work-life balance; and contribute to their community in meaningful ways. To view our benefits, click here .
- Hear from our leadership team
- Browse Awards and Employee Reviews on Comparably
- Visit our Blog
- Zoom with us!
- Find us on social at the links below and on Instagram
- View more jobs, sign up for job alerts and join our talent community. Visit the Zoom careers site .