Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world’s most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo’s 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo’s communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, and dedicated Internet access. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
Seeking a Circuit Designer to model ISP CFA and cross connects in Zayo’s inventory databases based on engineering specifications. The qualified candidate will work closely with Engineering to ensure proper equipment records are being developed and the inventory database is reflecting an accurate record of the deployed network. The position is responsible for modeling all 3rd party panels, CFA, risers, cross-connect adds, changes and decommissions.
- Creating circuit, CFA, riser, cross-connect facility records for Zayo’s ISP team.
- Primarily creating designs based on Engineering design criteria.
- Proficient/expert in Metasolv/M6 application
- In-depth knowledge of telecommunications standards and protocols.
- High-level understanding of telecom network configuration and interworking.
- Ability to initiate and comprehend complex designs and arrange detailed information in a logical format.
- Competency in navigating various database applications and MS software applications such as Excel, Visio, and Word.
- Ability to manage a high-volume workload efficiently and effectively, while maintaining a precise attention to detail in an interrupted work environment.
- Self-initiated to gain the knowledge necessary to perform job duties at a high level in a technically changing environment.
- Solution oriented analytical problem-solving skills.
- Willingness to drive towards a goal and do what it takes to get a job done, which may include off-hours and weekend work.
- Limited to no travel required.
- Associates degree in Telecommunications or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years in a telecommunications circuit design role that encompassed all aspects of circuit design from order acceptance to published CLR for all types of circuits.
- Hands-on knowledge of telecommunications equipment configuration.
- Experience with SalesForce and Metasolv database applications.
- Base Salary-$58,100 - $77,450
Benefits, Rewards & Wellness
Annual Incentive Plan (AIP) - Full-time Zayo employees are also eligible for discretionary AIP which is based on the performance of the Company, an employee’s business segment, and the individual employee
Sales Incentive Plan - Full-time Zayo sales employees are also eligible for discretionary incentive cash compensation through our Sales Incentive Plan
Excellent Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
Retirement 401(k) Savings Plan
Fitness membership discounts
Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave
Please note, in accordance with Zayo's commitment to providing and maintaining a workplace free of recognized hazards, all U.S. and Canadian employees and any employee, vendor, customer, or visitor who enters a Zayo office or facility in the U.S. and Canada must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of such vaccination. If you are hired by Zayo, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination or have a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated.