Delivery Engineer at World Wide Technology
The following knowledge skills and attributes are required:
- 3+ years of experience in configuring and managing infrastructure
- Proficiency in building and managing Linux and/or Windows Systems
- Experience working with server virtualization, IaaS, PaaS, and cloud environments
- Experience with CI/CD principles, practices, and tools
- Strong understanding of networking fundamentals (IP, TCP, UDP, load balancing, etc.)
- Experience with scripting languages
- Infrastructure automation (Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Terraform)
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to context-switch between multiple projects, codebases, and concepts with ease
- Ability and desire to bridge silos and bring different teams together while working towards a common goal
- Minimal travel required
- Familiarity with Git or other version control systems
The following knowledge skills and attributes are preferred:
- General understanding of DevOps principles and Agile Development processes
- Strong mentorship and presentation skills, comfortable working directly with clients
- High attention to detail and able to solve complex challenges
- Experience with deployment automation and orchestration
- Ability to give and receive Feedback. A central part of living our core values is our environment of safe, timely, and direct feedback. We require and coach our employees on how to provide constructive and critical feedback to their peers, reports, and leadership. This can take on many forms; written, verbal, in a group setting, and one-on-one, and can involve topics ranging from job performance and leadership effectiveness to root cause analysis, communication, and integrity. While not always comfortable, we see the ability to give and receive feedback in a safe environment as a job requirement common across all practices and roles, and a vital aspect of our culture and continuous improvement.
- Possesses a high level of Integrity. Acts ethically and is above reproach. Builds trust through their honesty, reliability, and authenticity. Possesses a strong concern for the needs of his/her colleagues. Takes tough principled stands even if they are unpopular. Meets commitments and keeps promises.
- Demonstrates Self-control. Manages his/her impulsive feelings and distressing emotions and operates without any personal agenda. Stays composed, positive and unflappable even in trying moments. Thinks clearly and stays composed and focused under pressure.
- Must be Flexible. Smoothly handles multiple demands, shifting priorities and rapid change. Is able to work collaboratively to get things done. Proactively seeks the advice and suggestions of peers, subordinates, and superiors. Adapts strategies and tactics to fit fluid circumstances. Is flexible in how he/she sees events.
- Is Optimistic. Demonstrates a positive mental attitude. Persists in seeking goals despite obstacles and setbacks. Operates from a hope of success rather than a fear of failure. Sees setbacks as due to manageable circumstances rather than a personal flaw.
- Continuously Develops Others. Committed to the continuous process of education and development of self and colleagues. Acknowledges people's strengths and accomplishments. Offers useful feedback and helps to identify others' needs for future growth and improvement. Mentors and gives timely coaching that fosters an individual's skills.
- Able to Intuitively Understand the way people think and work. Understands the forces that shape views and actions of clients, customers, or competitors. Accurately reads an organizational and external reality.
- Models Leadership qualities. Articulates and arouses enthusiasm for a shared vision and mission. Leads by example.
- Is a catalyst for Change. Recognizes the need for change and removes barriers. Challenges the status quo to acknowledge the need for change. Champions the change and enlists others in its pursuit.
- Fosters Excellence in Communication. Is effective in give-and-take, registering emotional cues in attuning their message. Deals with difficult issues straightforwardly. Listens well; seeks mutual understanding and welcomes the sharing of information fully. Fosters open communication and stays receptive to bad news as well as good.
About World Wide Technology
The world is changing - fast. To keep pace, companies need to find new ways to get to market faster, disrupt the status quo, optimize operational models, and create experiences their employees and consumers desire. Companies know they must embrace digital, but too often they start the process at the end - with prescriptive technology. We start with the customer.
WWT Application Services, formerly Asynchrony Labs, identifies business needs - then designs, develops, and integrates partnered products and custom software solutions for our clients across Retail, Health Care, Financial Services, Department of Defense and every industry in between. Our flexible methodologies and multi-disciplined delivery teams promote intuitive experiences, unparalleled quality, regular analysis of metrics, and iterative product testing.
World Wide Technology (WWT) is an $11B global technology integrator with expertise across supply chain, networking, collaboration, and security - we form a unique nucleus of end-to-end creative and technology capabilities needed to help transform our clients' businesses at scale. Our teams are deeply connected and bring their shared insights across industries, disciplines, and markets to every engagement.