DataOps Engineer at FIS (Greater Denver Area, CO or Remote)
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
The Finance DataOps team delivers enterprise-wide analytics products (datasets, reports, dashboards) to our internal customers. Join us in building out our DataOps team that will directly impact the operations and decisions for thousands of internal customers, ranging individual contributors to senior management. Satisfy your curiosity and desire to learn while applying your technical acumen to building analytic data products that will help articulate and answer business questions that matter.
What you will be doing:
As a DataOps Engineer you will contribute to all delivery aspects of our analytic data products:
- Contribute to the development and support of data flows/pipelines for the in our current EDW.
- Provide data engineering support for our visualization developers, power users and other customers.
- Participate in analysis and designs sessions with business and provide expertise and guidance to technology teams.
- Ensure our development stories are development ready by contributing with relevant technical details (test cases, constraints, necessary references).
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
What you bring:
- Bachelor's degree in business or information technology or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
- 5+ years experience
- Advanced data management and data wrangling expertise that includes SSIS development, solid SQL skills and a good understanding of the intricacies of building data flows/pipelines.
- Ability to analyze source data systems to identify and document complex data mapping, business rule analysis, functional and non-functional requirements.
- Ability to contribute in enterprise-wide data governance and data management efforts.
- A good understanding of visualizations tools (Tableau, PowerBI) and integration aspects to various data sources.
- Familiarity with working in the Agile/SCRUM framework.
Added bonus if you have:
- Microsoft, Azure Certifications.
- Sales and Finance area reporting experience and SME.
- CRM / ERP experience with Dynamics and/or Oracle Fusion.
- JIRA experience.
What we offer you
- A competitive salary and a fantastic range of benefits including private medical cover, dental cover and travel insurance.
- Varied and challenging work to help you grow your technical skillset.
- A broad range of professional education and personal development opportunities.
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect.
All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 on or before December 31, 2021. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.