Database Administrator, Intermediate
The primary purpose of all jobs in our organization is to serve our members. This is either done by direct contact with our members or supporting those employees who do.
Manages and maintains the organizational databases of medium to high complexity. Optimizes database configuration and access. Resolves database performance and capacity issues. Builds, schedules, and monitors ETL jobs to import data from outside sources as needed. Works with the Business Intelligence Developers/Analysts on the development and maintenance of the Enterprise Data Warehouse and Business Intelligence Platform.
RELATIONSHIP OF JOB TO MANAGEMENT
This position reports to the IT Project Manager.
DUTIES AND REQUIREMENTS
- Designs, builds, implements, maintains, and administers databases and ETL processes on defined schedules and following business requirements. (25%)
- Automates complex data processes using stored procedures, SQL Server Integration Services, and scripting. (25%)
- Resolves database performance issues, database capacity issues, data replication, and other distributed data issues for analytical dataset applications. (20%)
- Provide technical assistance to business lines and analysts. (20%)
- Perform feasibility studies and research on technical issues. (10%)
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field and two (2) years’ experience in relational database design and administration in a multi-user environment including in-depth involvement in system analysis, design, development, and implementation.
- Thorough knowledge of database development, data integration, data transformation and project management.
- MS SQL Server 2012/2014/2016 Administration Experience.
- Data Definition Language, Data Manipulation Language, Standard Query Language, SQL Server Integration Services, and VBscript.
- Physical Database Design Concepts and Implementation Experience.
- Database Performance Tuning.
- Relational Data Modeling and Logical Database Design.
- Scripting experience.
- Experience with programming in a structured programming language or other relational database experience.
- Data analysis skills using tools or other high-level languages.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organization and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Office environment.
- 80% sitting.
- 20% walking, standing, bending, etc.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to sit, speak, stand, walk, and listen. The employee frequently is required to use hand, fingers, and arms. The employee is regularly required to use multiple forms of technology including a PC.