Data Engineer at Automox
Founded in 2015, Automox is on a mission to automate and reduce the pain that comes with securing and managing endpoints within the modern enterprise. With an increasing number of operating systems, servers, hardware and applications that need to be maintained updated, configured, and patched on a regular basis, IT ops teams are feeling fatigued and vulnerable. Automox is building a company and team to tackle this problem.
At Automox we value an entrepreneurial mindset. With our customers always top of mind, teams are empowered to make decisions quickly and consistently be adding small incremental value. Is it going to be perfect every time? Probably not. But with the freedom to try and fail we believe greatness will happen sooner than if we waited for perfection.
As the world is changing so are we. Automox has moved to a fully distributed company and are now open to hiring a talented and diverse workforce across the US!
Automox is seeking a Senior Data Engineer experienced at designing, building, and maintaining modern, scalable data infrastructure. If you are passionate about distributed systems, modern data persistence technology, and data processing pipelines, we’d love to speak with you. This is a unique opportunity to be a key contributor to a high-impact team tasked with building transformative data capabilities in the critical path of our product’s evolution.
THE FUN STUFF
- Work on greenfield projects that are critical to the future state of the Automox product
- Inform key technology decisions for data-centric architectures
- Leverage modern data engineering practices and technologies in a cloud-native/SaaS environment
- Build, ship, and own high quality, well-tested code
- Partner with data science, engineering, and product teams to deliver new capabilities and features to customers
- Have an opinion, play well with others, have fun, get stuff done
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- Significant experience developing and maintaining scalable ETL/ELT data pipelines
- Strong proficiency with at least one of the following languages, with an ability to quickly come up to speed in others: Golang, Python, Scala, Java
- Expertise with distributed systems principles and distributed data processing frameworks such as Hadoop, Spark, Beam
- Experience with Relational and NoSQL/Graph database technologies
- Experience with messaging technologies such as RabbitMQ, Kafka, Kinesis
- Familiarity with cloud environments and technologies (AWS preferred)
- Comfortable working in a remote/distributed work environment requiring excellent verbal, written, and asynchronous communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or related field) or equivalent experience
- Some knowledge of general data science principles, statistics, or machine learning can be beneficial but should not be considered a required skill set.
We are on a mission to enable every IT Admin to automate the fundamental tasks that keep their corporation secure. This mission can only be accomplished with a culture embodies entrepreneurialism, accountability and providing our employees with the clear direction and freedom to do their best work. We don’t measure excellence based on how but on the what. Each employee has a value and contribution to the success of Automox. We look forward to working with you and seeing the success you will bring on our journey.
Home office in the US
This is an entrepreneurial opportunity to own and put your name on something truly special. Don’t let the opportunity pass you by.
***Due to the stage we're in as a business we're not able to sponsor or transfer work visa at this time***