Cybersecurity Engineer 2 at Bluestaq (Colorado Springs, CO)
Position Type: Full Time
Salary Range: In compliance with Colorado’s Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the salary range for this role is $103,510 - $131,064. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate’s relevant work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location.
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado. This position is not remote.
Additional Compensation: This position is eligible for an end of year bonus.
Employment Benefits: Bluestaq offers a wide range of competitive benefits to include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Paid Leave, and 401k. For more information regarding Bluestaq benefits, please visit https://www.bluestaq.com/bennies.
Bluestaq starts with our people.
Are you ready for the best job you've ever had?
At Bluestaq, we've rapidly built a culture around ownership, trust, community, and innovation. Bluestaq is dedicated to cultivating a growth environment where our team feels valued, works with a purpose of mission, is personally rewarded, and is professionally challenged.
Bluestaq is an emerging technology company founded in 2018 to streamline global operations using cutting-edge enterprise software and mission analytics. Bluestaq develops and transforms its enterprise systems and secures disparate data to solve our customers' most critical challenges. Today, Bluestaq primarily provides the U.S. Department of Defense and the nation's intelligence community with advanced software systems. Our name, Bluestaq, originates from "blue" a military term for friendly forces, and "staq" referring to a software stack.
Let’s talk about the accolades our team has racked up in just four years! Bluestaq was recognized as an Inc. Magazine 2021 Best Workplaces, a 2021 Colorado Inno on Fire Company, and a 2020 Colorado Company to Watch. Bluestaq was honored by the Colorado Technology Association as the 2019 Emerging Tech Company of the Year and named Colorado Springs Chamber of Commerce and EDC 2019 New Company of the Year. For the third consecutive year, Bluestaq landed on the Colorado Springs Gazette Best Workplaces in Colorado Springs (2019 – 2021) and Built In’s Best Places to Work Lists: Best Places to Work in Colorado, Best Small Companies to Work for in Colorado, and Best Paying Companies in Colorado (2020 – 2022). Our team is award winning and ahhhmazing!
Looking for amazing quality of life? In 2019, Colorado Springs scored a “Perfect 10” for “desirability” by US News & World Report.
Why join Bluestaq in Colorado Springs?
- Cost of living - below the national average
- Lifestyle Amenities – coffee shops, craft breweries, boutiques, locally-owned restaurants
- Nature – more than 100 parks and ample outdoor sporting opportunities
- Weather – Colorado Springs boasts over 300 days of sunshine a year
- Laid back atmosphere – an accessible alternative to the faced-paced Denver lifestyle
We are looking for a Cybersecurity Engineer to join our rapidly growing engineering team. As a Cybersecurity Engineer 2 at Bluestaq, you are a professional with hands-on cybersecurity expertise. The ideal candidate is a motivated, cybersecurity engineer with a understanding of core cybersecurity methodologies and is focused on growing as an engineer. In a Cybersecurity Engineering position at Bluestaq, you have a general understanding of technology infrastructures using Firewalls, VPN, Data Loss Prevention, IDS/IPS, Web-Proxy and Security Audits.
Basic Qualifications and Skills:
- 4+ years of cybersecurity experience with a Bachelor’s degree or 8+ years of experience with an Associate's degree.
- Demonstrates an understanding of security, risk, and compliance for large scale computing solutions.
- Experience with cloud compliance and security standards.
- General networking knowledge.
- Experience with vulnerability scans and recognizing vulnerabilities in security systems.
- Familiarity with cloud-based concepts and the AWS component stack.
- Understanding of cloud identity and access management tools.
- Knowledge of system vulnerabilities and security issues.
- Test and identify network and system vulnerabilities.
- Knowledge of security controls and the STIG process.
- Experience with firewalls.
- Familiar with troubleshooting and debugging skills, with a passion for problem solving and investigation.
- May have experience with Python, C++, Java, Ruby, Node, Go and/or Power Shell.
- Developing professional and technical expertise.
- Able to resolve routine issues and problems.
- Ability to communicate scope and state of work, including articulating roadblocks.
- Proactive and thoughtful in seeking clarification and asking questions.
- Finds the right balance between persevering on a problem and asking for help.
- Takes responsibility for their personal development, has a growth mindset.
- Displays a strong sense of ownership for projects.
Desired Qualifications and Skills:
- CISSP certification
Required Education: Associate's degree in Science, Technology, Cyber Security, Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field.
Desired Education: Bachelor's degree in Science, Technology, Cyber Security, Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field.
Clearance Requirement: This position requires the ability to obtain a TS/SCI Clearance. To be eligible for a clearance, US Citizenship is required, and an employee must agree to participate in a background screen and credit check.
Proof of Vaccination: This position requires all new hires to present proof of vaccination upon their hire date. Please contact Human Resources, at [email protected], if you need to discuss our medical or religious exemption process.
Relocation: This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Bluestaq is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by state or local law.
Bluestaq will make reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with known disabilities and employees whose work requirements interfere with a religious belief unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to Bluestaq or a direct threat. Employees needing such accommodation are instructed to contact Human Resources immediately at [email protected]