Cyber Operations Engineer
Please review the job details below.
The Maxar Cyber Security team is seeking a Cyber Operations Engineer who thinks outside the box and is driven to automate. This person will be responsible for the day-to-day administration, reporting, and management of the technology used to monitor the Maxar environment, including centralized log management/collection tools and alerting systems. The ideal candidate will place an emphasis on usable security and focus on scaling successfully through automation. Excellent technical and communications skills are a must.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Engineer, implement, and monitor security measures for the protection of computer systems, networks, enterprise, and cloud platforms
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting of SIEM and log architecture
- Maintain up/down health status of sensors and data feeds
- Identify and address performance issues with SIEM and Log Management platforms
- Perform care and tracking updates and maintenance of SIEM and Log Management tools
- Hands on experience with security systems, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-virus software, SIEM solutions, vulnerability scanning software, authentication systems, log management, and content filtering
- Proven work experience as a system security engineer or cyber security engineer
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Security, Computer Science, or other related field
- Ability and willingness to share on-call responsibilities, work non-standard hours, aid Cyber Security investigations
- Ability to obtain a TS/SCI U.S. Government Clearance
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Domestic and international travel between locations will be required(15%)
- Professional experience with AWS
- Coding experience with Python/Bash; 2+ years
- Experience with network security and networking technologies, as well as with system, security, and network monitoring tools
- Experience in building and maintaining security systems
- Detailed technical knowledge of operating system security
DigitalGlobe and Radiant solutions offer a generous compensation package including a competitive salary; choice of medical plan; dental, life, and disability insurance; a 401(K) plan with competitive company match; paid holidays and paid time off.