Customer Support Engineer, Linux at JumpCloud
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:11 a.m. (MST) on Thursday, December 30, 2021
All roles at JumpCloud are Remote unless otherwise specified in the Job Description.
JumpCloud’s mission is to Make Work Happen®, providing simple, secure access to corporate technology resources from any device, or any location. The JumpCloud Directory Platform gives IT, security operations, and DevOps a single, cloud-based solution to control and manage employee identities, their devices, and apply conditional access controls based on Zero Trust principals. Since launching in 2012, our global user base has grown to more than 150,000 organizations, with more than 5,000 paying customers including Cars.com, GoFundMe, Grab, ClassPass, Uplight and Peloton. JumpCloud has raised over $400M from world-class investors including Sapphire Ventures, General Atlantic, Sands Capital, Atlassian, and CrowdStrike. Our teams are growing fast, too, and we're looking for talent across engineering, sales, customer success, marketing, product management, and more. Join our team of dedicated, passionate, and creative people who are eager to change the IT industry forever.
About the Role
This is an excellent growth opportunity for someone with previous work experience as a Technical Support Engineer or System Administrator with a background in supporting Linux who would like to join an IT focused product company. While Linux will be a key focus this role involves supporting customers across LDAP and macOS features. This role involves rigorous training and clear communication in deeply technical identity subject matter such as authentication, system management, and networking. You’ll work with passionate team members supporting an exciting product actively used by our global user base.
What you’ll be doing:
- Provide technical support and issue resolution to our customers through ongoing issue triaging via email, telephone or remote web session.
- Collaborate with peers, mentors, our knowledge base, community forums and other internal tools to provide the most effective, world-class solutions for our customers.
- Reproduce issues in-house and respond to customers in a timely manner.
- Create and implement processes that help Support meet key objectives
- Escalate issues in a timely manner for resolution.
- Work with Customer Success Managers and Implementation Engineers to ensure the success of our new customers as they transition into the day to day use of our product - ensuring the access of their entire employee base to all of the resources needed - their servers, workstations and laptops, the networks they access to all of the web and on-premise applications they use every day.
- Research and evaluate technologies to create new knowledge base articles that capture new information for reuse throughout the organization and for end users.
- On-call rotation required. Duration - 1 week. Duties include monitoring of status updates and external customer responses to incoming cases during outage.
- Working Hours: 9:00am-5:00pm ET Mon-Fri
We’re looking for...
- Inspired technology professionals who love the challenge of supporting our customers and internal teams to ensure the successful adoption, usage, integration of our Directory Platform.
- Minimum of 4 years experience in a technical, customer-facing position
- Excellent interpersonal communication, passion for learning new technologies and understanding how to utilize them in a customer-facing environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills are imperative.
- A logical approach to problem solving.
- A successful candidate will have the following:
- Technical understanding of core Linux concepts such as Secure Shell (SSH), User Identifier (UID) and Group Identifier (GID) management, Pluggable Authentication Modules (PAM), pkg management (Yum, RPM, Apt, etc.), and experience supporting and troubleshooting one or more Linux distros: Ubuntu, Debian, RHEL, or CentOS
We are always looking for experience in the following as a bonus:
- Directory Services (Active Directory, G Suite, Okta, , LDAP)
- In-depth knowledge of the macOS platform- FileVault, Keychain, Apple Mobile Device Management (MDM) + DEP, system management
- Windows Operating Systems
- Mobile Device Management (MDM)
- Single Sign-on (SAML)
- User onboarding and offboarding
- Networking & Authentication (RADIUS)
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate annual compensation range for this role, depending on individual candidate level and experience, is $60,000-$95,000, including base salary and any related bonuses or commissions. JumpCloud provides a comprehensive benefits package, with several medical plans to choose from including a high deductible HSA plan with employer contribution, two dental plans, vision insurance, flexible spending account (FSA), employee assistance program (EAP), short- and long-term disability, life insurance and a 401k savings plan with match. We have an unlimited vacation policy.
Where you’ll be working/Location:
JumpCloud is committed to being Remote First. If a role requires you to be in a certain location or country, that will be clearly stated in the job description. All roles posted in United States locations do require that you be located within one of the 50 U.S. States.
Our Headquarters is in the Denver/Boulder, CO area. Once we reopen our offices you will have the opportunity to remain fully remote, work from one of our office locations (CO only currently) or flex your time.
If you thrive working in a fast, SaaS-based environment and you are passionate about solving challenging technical problems, we look forward to hearing from you! JumpCloud is an incredible place to share and grow your expertise! You’ll work with amazing talent across each department who are passionate about our mission. We’re out of the box thinkers, so your unique ideas and approaches for conceiving a product and/or feature will be welcome. You’ll have a voice in the organization as you work with a seasoned executive team, a supportive board and in a proven market that our customers are excited about.
Please submit your résumé and brief explanation about yourself and why you would be a good fit for JumpCloud. Please note JumpCloud is not accepting third party resumes at this time.
JumpCloud is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Read Full Job Description