Customer Solutions Engineer (Remote)
Greater Denver Area
Why Red Canary
Red Canary was founded to make security for every business better by protecting organizations around the world from cyber threats. Our combination of market defining technology, processes, and expertise delivered using an innovative SaaS model is preventing breaches every day.
Why You Matter
A Sales Engineer understands that while prospective customers share many characteristics, each is unique and requires a carefully constructed solution to help them achieve their specific security goals. We are looking for a solution engineer who is able to discern where a customer is on their security maturity journey and assess whether or not the Red Canary solution fits into their current project plans and organizational needs.
You will be a great fit for this role if you are ecstatic about the opportunity to guide prospects through the customer journey and evangelize the Red Canary solution. In this position you will have the opportunity to creatively and confidently identify opportunities for improvement and take the reins on implementing solutions.
Much of your day-to-day work is comprised of pre-sales interactions as you support a team of Account Executives during presentations and proof of concepts. While not directly supporting your team, your time will be focused on a variety of project work and ad-hoc requests. Project work may include performing product research-and-development, maturing current functional processes and writing and refactoring scripts.
Who You Are
You are a Sales Engineer or Solutions Architect with experience in InfoSec who:
- Advocates for the customer and ensures they are always heard, understood and taken care of
- Creates and delivers custom presentations that capture the problems, solutions, and overall progress throughout the proof-of-concept journey
- Facilitates interactive, informative, and tailored proof-of-concepts
- Demonstrates a firm understanding of primary security tenants including: confidentiality, integrity, availability, role-based access control, segmentation, etc.
- Has familiarity with fundamental cloud infrastructure concepts: virtual private clouds (VPS), compute, elasticity, and the storage, processing, and securing of data
- Is able to maintain a big picture view of the solution, understanding not only the technology but how the solution fits into the overall business problem that Red Canary is solving
- Willingly pushes back on customers when it is in their best interest; comfortable with difficult conversations
- Listens first and is adept at working across internal and external teams with competing priorities
- Focuses on the needs of prospects and is genuinely excited about forging a path forward when none exists
- Is an absolute professional, comfortable working with day-to-day technical practitioners as well as those at C-Level
- Bonus points if you are adept with Windows and Linux command-line and are comfortable with configuring systems, troubleshooting, and interacting with scripts or have experience with scripting languages like Python, PowerShell, Ruby, etc.
- Bonus points if you have practical knowledge of enterprise endpoint detection and response (EDR) solutions including the ability to administer and configure EDRs, understand metadata and its value in delivering visibility to organizations and are driven to proactively hunt through large endpoint datasets in order to find activity of interest
Working at Red Canary
You will work with an exceptionally talented team that is solving problems facing every business. Additional benefits of working at Red Canary include:
- Exceptional healthcare and dental coverage including fully paid premiums
- Unlimited vacation
- 401k and flex-spending accounts
- Fitness, phone & internet, and discretionary stipends
Read Full Job Description