Customer Performance Technician at AMP Robotics
Customer Performance Technician, 1/7/2021
AMP Robotics is a pioneer and industry leader in artificial intelligence and robotics for the recycling industry. Every day, we’re working to reimagine and actively modernize the world’s recycling infrastructure. Headquartered and manufacturing operations in Louisville, Colorado, we build and deploy cutting-edge technology solutions that solve many of the central challenges of recycling to make it more efficient, cost-effective, scalable, and sustainable.
We’re fostering an environment where talented, driven individuals can grow and create impact. We are looking for unconventional thinkers to join our mission; at AMP, your contributions have meaning and can spur change. With backing from top-tier investors and recognition including Fortune’s Impact 20, Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, and Forbes’ most promising artificial intelligence companies in America, we’re always seeking ways to better our operations, raising the bar on innovation, and looking to collaborate and improve each day in what we do. Learn more at AMPRobotics.com.
AMP Robotics is hiring a Customer Performance Technician reporting to the Manager of Field Services to focus on virtual and on-site assistance of our recycling partners as they work to keep AMP products operating at peak performance 24/7. You will be tasked with creating and maintaining customer facing service documentation, coaching recycling partners via multiple communication paths on how to sustain and troubleshoot AMP equipment (phone, email, text, ticket systems), visiting recycling facilities to perform hardware/electrical maintenance, propagating software change information to customers, collecting customer feedback on the performance of AMP products, maintaining positive customer relationships, and proactively monitoring systems – seeing issues before they occur and looking for opportunities of customer engagement.
In a nutshell, you will be the first touch point for AMP customers who have questions about AMP products or require AMP service assistance. This position can expect up to 60% travel and requires some on-call work. This is cutting edge development in the world of industrial robotics. You should enjoy being experimental, be ready to rapidly iterate, and be a mission driven human.
As our Customer Performance Technician, in the first few months you will work to:
- Work directly on an AMP robot installation to learn design philosophies, features, and functionality; as well as understand the challenges of remotely supporting equipment around the world.
- Participate in multiple AMP device commissions to understand the software and hardware puzzle pieces that fit together to ship a quality product.
- Learn to use AMP’s cutting edge, home-brewed, proactive maintenance tools to diagnose system issues.
- Learn to calibrate, operate, and troubleshoot AMP Robotics products.
- Field incoming service tickets as the first point of communication with AMP’s recycling partners, expertly triaging and prioritizing needs.
- Meet with internal AMP resources - experts in the field of machine learning, software development, and recycling economics - gaining an understanding of AMP’s capabilities and how they align with customer needs.
- Upgrade existing systems around the nation with new hardware for improved reliability.
- Be amazed at the difference AMP technology is making in an industry ripe for disruption.
In the longer term, you will:
- Participate in both internal and external customer success conversations as the voice of advocacy for our customer.
- Work with Customer Performance and Site Reliability Engineers to identify areas of high customer risk and create mitigation plans.
- Close the engineering feedback loop by systematically reporting unique, high-frequency service requests, performance concerns, or hardware failures.
- Guide the transition process from installation to service through seamless technical communication with internal teams and take-over-certificate review.
- Consolidate and maintain AMP service documentation (including videos, podcasts, interpretive dances, etc.) into an internal and external knowledge base - becoming a super-librarian for a greener planet.
- Train customers on how to perform common repair work, complete required maintenance, and self diagnose or resolve system issues.
- Communicate automation needs to Customer Performance Engineers to increase the possible ratio of technicians to customers.
- Sleep with the AMP service SOP and AMP product schematics under your pillow, becoming a zealot for increasing the profitability of recycling and improving the level of documentation for our teams.
- Train and mentor new members of the Service team.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience effectively communicating with multiple levels and skill sets within an organization.
- A strong technical hardware or field engineer/technician background (practical experience preferred but not exclusionary).
- Highly proficient with common field tools (tap/die, impact drills, grinders, multi-meter, etc.).
- Imaginative and open mind for problem solving.
- Ability to work equally well in a team or solo environment.
- A desire to learn something new everyday, then teach a teammate.
- Extremely resourceful - known as a person who “finds a way to get it done.”
- Demonstrated ability to work long hours in difficult situations (heat, dust, small spaces, tight deadlines, etc.).
- Expert level use of common computer technologies (Gsuite products, excel, slack, messaging apps, etc.).
Note - If you DO NOT precisely fit the below qualifications but you DO believe you would excel in this role, we encourage you to apply! AMP is looking for mission-driven, creative problem-solvers. We recognize ideas and background diversity can be strong business assets.
- Previous experience in a customer facing, coaching, or teaching role, preferably in a technical field. Experience in a technical training environment.
- Process or documentation creation examples (Gnatt charts, P&IDs, process flows, etc.).
- Examples of audio-visual presentations and/or writing samples.
- Demonstrated examples of automating or outsourcing work tasks.
- Real world experience using data to improve efficiencies and make fact-based decisions.
- Video production experience.
- Experience with industrial controls (valves, sensors, actuators, control systems).
- Experience with robot firmware - e.g. RAPID, ACE, Ladder Logic.
- Experience with electrical wiring, manufacturing techniques, on-site assembly, installation, and service of mechanical systems.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Any relevant professional experience or equivalent coursework.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands and fingers, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 45 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus, and ability to accurately see and label color. (remove if not a requirement).
- 2770 Industrial Lane, Broomfield, CO 80020
- Up to 60%.
Affirmative Action/EEO Statement:
AMP Robotics is an equal opportunity employer. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at the Company will be based on job openings, merit, qualifications, and abilities as required by the position. The Company does not discriminate, and does not permit its employees to discriminate against other employees, applicants, customers, or independent contractors because of:
- Sexual orientation (including gender identity or expression, including a person's orientation toward heterosexuality, homosexuality, bisexuality, or transgender status, or PeopleCare’s perception thereof)
- Pregnancy, childbirth, and related conditions
- Marital status
- National origin
- Military or veteran status
- Age (40 or over)
- Disability (including genetic information)
- Or, any other consideration made unlawful by applicable laws.
Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including recruitment, hiring, upgrading, training, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, discipline, layoff, recall, and termination.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We recognize that there is more to work than the day-to-day responsibilities. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer competitive base salaries; medical, dental and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off and sick time; flexible work hours; and the opportunity to quickly accelerate your learning and growth.
Salary & compensation information: $55,000-65,000 depending on experience. No relocation package offered at this time.
- Medical - The company covers up 85% to 100% of the premium for Cigna healthcare plans depending on the selection. Employees pay the difference in premium if they select a more expensive plan. Up to 75% for dependents.
- 401(k) retirement plan (non-matching).
- Seven (7) paid holidays – 7 company designated and 2 floating holidays. (salaried employees only)
- Referral bonuses for staff positions.
- Paid Vacation Leave – Accrues at a rate of ~4.67 hours (0.58 days) per pay period (2 weeks) starting day 1. Unused PTO carries over each year with a 1-year limit.
- Paid Sick Leave – 64 hours per year, given in full on start date, refreshes on anniversary.