Customer Engineering Programs Manager at CircleCI
We are looking for an outstanding professional to join as the first Customer Engineering Programs Manager for CircleCI. This person will roll up into our global Customer Engineering (CE) organization, reporting directly to our Senior Director of Support Engineering.
You will represent the CE group and coordinate across the greater organization to ensure we are utilizing the best channel and strategy to ultimately drive the best experience for our customers. You’ll have the opportunity to own and collaborate on a wide variety of highly scalable programs spanning the entire customer lifecycle including; premium support sales enablement materials, customer onboarding processes, as well as maintaining and updating customer health, support, and product sentiment scores. Success will be measured by your ability to help accelerate our customers through the optimal post-sale customer lifecycle, decrease risk and churn, and increase customer retention and advocacy.
This role is an outstanding opportunity for someone who is passionate about creating and executing impactful customer programs and enjoys leading internal projects in an operational role. You are someone who has a mix of experience including project management, enablement, and program management, in addition to having a strong operational focus and consistently use data in your decision making process.What you'll do:
- Coordinate with CE leadership to craft impactful programs to mitigate risk and accelerate product awareness, adoption, and growth in our largest customer group
- Direct and lead the design and delivery of content and workflows needed to bring CE offers to market
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques to lead all aspects of the progress of the project, identify and quantify any variances, perform any required corrective actions, and communicate to all parties involved
- Work cross departmentally to identify customer facing training needs and coordinate the development of content
- Collaborate with multiple departments to analyze, refine, and document our customers’ support journey
- Partner with our global offices to deliver customer experiences specific to their region
- Handle the customer Onboarding program to ensure all functional groups and the executive leadership team have consistent, quality analysis, and customer feedback
- Partner with the Customer Operations team to ensure optimal usage of our CE tool stack to enable customer programs
- Be responsible for the master CE calendar identifying meaningful product releases and marketing launches as well as customer events
- Be the voice of the customer as you partner with engineering, marketing, product, and sales to deliver outstanding customer experience
- Collaborate with CE teams to identify themes in customer problems and disseminate that information to various Product and Engineering teams
- 5+ years B2B SaaS project management and/or customer marketing experience in a customer facing role
- Track record of crafting customer programs with measurable business impact on revenue retention and growth
- Solid track record working independently and being an owner of your success
- Excellent attention to detail with a knack for exceptional quality
- Strong cross departmental partnership skills
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills
- Strong time management with the ability to balance multiple initiatives while working in a fast paced environment
- Technical mentality and motivation to learn about software development, cloud environments, and interacting with developers
- Growth mentality, intellectually curious and results-oriented with innovative ideas to encourage customer loyalty and adoption
- Experience using tools such as Salesforce, Gainsight, Zendesk, and Jira. Savvy with navigating multiple systems and data analysis
- Domain exposure or experience (DevOps, Software Development)
- Proactive approach to drive conversations and relationships forward with a technical base of users and buyers
- Experience working with a distributed team
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools - processing more than 1 million builds a day - CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in downtown San Francisco with a global, remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by IVP, Sapphire Ventures, Owl Rock, NextEquity Partners, Scale Venture Partners, Threshold Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Top Tier Capital Partners, Industry Ventures, Heavybit, and Harrison Metal Capital.
CircleCI is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Colorado Salary Range: $97,500 - $114,500/yr
Level: Mid-Senior Level