Critical Infrastructure Engineer at Zayo
Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world’s most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo’s 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo’s communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, dedicated Internet access, and colocation services. Zayo owns and operates a Tier 1 IP Backbone and 44 carrier-neutral data centers. Through its Cloudlink service, Zayo provides low latency private connectivity that attaches enterprises to their public cloud environments. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
Tier 2 support 24X7X365 to Field Operations and NCC and overall management/oversight of all Critical Infrastructure (CI) equipment: AC power distribution, buildings, grounding, fire systems, generators, ATS/MTS, Uninterruptable Power Systems (UPS), DC Power Plant Systems, and Cooling systems to ensure operational integrity, improve efficiency and reduce operational costs.
- Manage Contracted Maintenance vendors for callout repairs, and quoted service repairs on CI systems to include invoicing and quoted PR submittals.
- Development for best Operating practices, and standards,
- Write Method of Procedures (MOPs) for all CI equipment repairs and augments.
- Ensure all maintenance activities are performed in accordance with approved MOPs.
- Evaluate vendor/contractor field service reports describing all activities (preventive maintenance, repairs, etc.) performed on the CI equipment.
- Resolve operational deficiencies discovered on Preventive Maintenance Inspections (PMI) and on Contractor PMs.
- Assists Field Operations and NCC/NOC technicians with Operation Support issues, that may require vendor or manufacturer support.
- Develop reliability reports to assist in identifying areas of concern that could develop into future problems.
- Subject Matter Expert on CI equipment issues for all PG’s and advises them on solutions for technical problems or barriers.
- Manage all CI augment projects (CapEx/OpEx) to affect break/fix repairs
- Environmental Compliance and to ensure all permitting is completed annually
- CI Equipment inventory accuracy and Data Integrity in SF and M6
- Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, and or Civil Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years in a telecommunications of all Critical Infrastructure (CI) equipment: AC power distribution, buildings, grounding, fire systems, generators, ATS/ MTS, Uninterruptable Power Systems (UPS), DC Power Plant Systems, and Cooling systems to ensure operational integrity, improve efficiency and reduce operational costs
- Experience in Microsoft Office, SalesForce, and Database applications
- Project Management experience required
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave