Conversion Engineer II at Vertafore
Vertafore is a leading technology company whose innovative software solution are advancing the insurance industry. Our suite of products provides solutions to our customers that help them better manage their business, boost their productivity and efficiencies, and lower costs while strengthening relationships.
Our mission is to move InsurTech forward by putting people at the heart of the industry. We are leading the way with product innovation, technology partnerships, and focusing on customer success.
Our fast-paced and collaborative environment inspires us to create, think, and challenge each other in ways that make our solutions and our teams better.
We are headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with offices across the U.S., Canada, and India.
Join a fun high-energy team in delivery custom integration solutions. If you love to study, learn and implement technology solutions with some of the smartest people in the industry with a leading-edge company in the insurance software space, then this is the job for you. This position will be responsible for the analysis, design, development and implementation of data conversions for agency customers.
Our goal is to create an industry leading engineering services group specializing is software solutions for the Agency market. Our customers have significant integration and conversion challenges and need top of the line people and knowledge to help them solve their challenges.
Core Requirements and Responsibilities:
Essential job functions included but are not limited to the following:
- Assist and guide customers through the conversion process to convert their source data to a Vertafore system
- Perform data analysis, data mapping, data requirements, reverse engineering, validation of data and corresponding data dependencies
- Perform customer welcome calls to review conversion project timeline and expectations
- Develop, test, and deploy customized conversion T-SQL scripts
- Participate in the design and planning of projects in conjunction with the external partners, other IT, and business users.
- Assist and direct customers in performing data translations and mappings
- Document all discussions, issues and solutions to problems involving the customer in the customer relationship management system
- Research/diagnose problems for prompt resolution to time sensitive issues
- Perform quality assurance on all converted data for accuracy from application functionality perspective
- Collaborate with a team on a given project to ensure the project meets deadlines and stays within scope and budget
- Contribute to team development through support and collaboration.
- Contribute technical articles, case studies, white papers, analysis, advice and support
- Manage and maintain code repositories for reusable assets.
- Requires occasional weekend and after-hours availability for client support and conversion assistance
- Perform project scoping analysis
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Thorough knowledge of database design and associated tools
- Expertise in a variety of different file/data formats
- Excellent communication skills including delivering complex technical information to non-technical people
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills and can be trusted to manage your projects and meet project deadlines
- Undergraduate degree in engineering, math, computer science or related field preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS SQL Server 2008(or greater) Management Studio
- Experience in data analysis and ability to reverse engineer database schema highly desirable
- Demonstrated knowledge of structured development processes, technical project management, software testing and documentation
- Prior insurance experience desired
- You have shown the ability to organize and disseminate information efficiently and have the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- You have proven to be a dedicated contributor that will work tirelessly in delivering outstanding service, support, and assistance to end customers
Additional Requirements and Details:
- Travel required up to 5% of the time.
- Located and working from an office location.
- Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds.
- Frequent repetitive hand and arm movements required to operate a computer.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (working on a computer, etc.).
- Frequent sitting and/or standing.
Is this role not an exact fit for you? Keep an eye on our Careers Page for other positions!
Vertafore is a drug free workplace and conducts preemployment drug and background screenings.
The selected candidate must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the job responsibilities, duties, skill, or working conditions. In addition, this document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
Vertafore strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
We do not accept resumes from agencies, headhunters, or other suppliers who have not signed a formal agreement with us.