Conversion Engineer II at Vertafore
Vertafore is a leading technology company whose innovative software solution are advancing the insurance industry. Our suite of products provides solutions to our customers that help them better manage their business, boost their productivity and efficiencies, and lower costs while strengthening relationships.
Our mission is to move InsurTech forward by putting people at the heart of the industry. We are leading the way with product innovation, technology partnerships, and focusing on customer success.
Our fast-paced and collaborative environment inspires us to create, think, and challenge each other in ways that make our solutions and our teams better.
We are headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with offices across the U.S., Canada, and India.
The Conversion Lab is responsible for executing conversion related processes from legacy or competitor source systems. They also manage the DFWLAB domain infrastructure and assist users with system access and general network/application troubleshooting.
Core requirements and responsibilities:
Execute data conversion related processes such as:
- Loading conversion portal with source data
- Running actual conversions to AMS360
- Loading databases to production for QA and Go Lives
- Working with developers and BA's to fix conversion bugs
- Execute SQL queries to modify data
- Maintain Professional Services production cluster
- Execute migrations from AFW to AMS360
- Fix/document issues that halt the migration process
DFWLAB/Vertafore network administration
- Troubleshoot and respond to issues with DFWLAB servers, network access, user access
- Deploy/update new software, products
- Spec out new virtual machine server builds
- Coordinate with the Data Center and infrastructure teams to implement new software/hardware related changes
- Assist PS/CS employees with technical issues/workstation problems
- Maintain AMS360 snapshots and fulfill requests when problems arise.
AMS360 In-house to Online deployments
- Work with existing customers in-house databases to migrate them to AMS360 Online
- Troubleshoot database issues via SQL
- Upgrade databases using NPR tools
- Provide technical consulting
- Automate conversion related processes and DFWLAB tooling
- Provide recommendations to streamline processes
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient in SQL Scripts, SQL database structure
- Strong working knowledge of Network infrastructure
- Customer centric desire for delivery
- Ability to complete tasks on time and correctly.
- Ticket Management from inception and see it through to completion
- Working knowledge of SQL and SQL scripts
- A fast learner and comfortable with fast tempo environment.
- A problem solver and ability to simplify complex issues.
- Skilled in creating runbook for support processes.
- Have a sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines.
- Great interpersonal skills.
- Minimum 5 years Technical experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Familiar and/or proficient on one or more of the following:
- MSSQL and Oracle Database
- Microsoft .NET based applications
- Microsoft Server 2008, 2012 + and IIS configuration
- Basic XML, VBscript, and SQL Scripting
- Python Programming
- Exceptional interpersonal and customer service experience required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Have wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- General understanding of insurance and insurance workflow
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products.
May be required to provide additional after-hours support to provide resolution or assistance to customers.
Additional Requirements and Details:
- Travel required up to 10% of the time.
- Ability to work remotely with a stable internet connection on an as-needed basis
- Located and working from an office location (when required)*
- Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds.
- Frequent repetitive hand and arm movements required to operate a computer.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (working on a computer, etc.).
- Frequent sitting and/or standing.
*Our offices are currently closed due to COVID-19 and are scheduled to re-open mid 2021.