Command and Control Software Engineer II at Ball Aerospace
Clearance Requirement: A current, active TS/SCI security clearance is required.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Engineering Strategic Support Unit comprises the organizational talent and technical leadership that enables the successful delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our customers' missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams are committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and strong execution.
Contingent upon program award to Ball Aerospace and subsequent task orders
Command and Control Software Engineer II
Full stack software engineer developing the next generation of satellite command and control applications. Will work with interfacing a ground system to various hardware interfaces, developing mission specific user interfaces, processing satellite command and telemetry data streams, and defining procedures for satellite control. This position requires leveraging cutting-edge technologies and working in an agile type development. Looking for a motivated and skilled software developer.
What You'll Do
- Detailed oriented software engineering and development with the COSMOS satellite command and control system
- Build full stack web applications using Ruby on Rails, Vue, and Docker
- Work with the following software development lifecycle concepts: Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), DevOps, Continuous Integration (CI), and Continuous Deployment (CD).
- Work with non-software developers to implement new features into the product
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the SBU/SSU and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need
- BS degree or higher in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 5 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Master's Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of related experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Active TS/SCI required.
- Experience working in Linux and MS-Windows environments.
- Experience with Ruby or Python web backend technologies preferred.
- Experience with modern web frontend frameworks (Angular, Vue, and/or React) preferred but not required.
- Experience with cloud technologies preferred.
- Good planning, organization, and communication skills.
- Ability to work with large teams of distributed ground system engineers and senior level engineers of multiple disciplines.
- Good interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Aerospace ground system experience preferred.
- Work is performed in an office, laboratory, production floor, or clean room, outdoors or remote research environment.
- May occasionally work in production work centers where use of protective equipment and gear is required.
- May access other facilities in various weather conditions.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Current Clearance Required:
Verification that your current security clearance or government customer access meets the requirement for this position will be required.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $102,000 - $126,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. Click here to learn more.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.