Cloud Volume Services (CVS) Cloud Architect
Are you data-driven? We at NetApp believe in the transformative power of data – to expand customer touchpoints, to foster greater innovation, and to optimize operations. We are designed for simplicity, optimized to protect, created to embrace future opportunity, and open to enrich choice. We are the data authority for hybrid cloud, and we are helping our customers realize the full potential of their data.
We’ve built a Data Fabric for a data-driven world – to simplify and integrate data management across the resources that are best for the business. With the Data Fabric, our customers can harness the power of cloud data services, build cloud infrastructures, and modernize storage through data management.
By harnessing the power of hybrid cloud data services, customers gain the freedom of choice to securely manage and move data – anywhere, on any cloud. Only NetApp can help organizations deliver data-rich customer experiences when they rapidly test and deploy new applications that easily use data and services regardless of where they reside or in what form.
Cloud Volume Services Architect for Amazon Web Services
The Cloud Volumes Service team within NetApp's Cloud Data Services Business Unit is looking for a strong candidate to be a key contributor to our efforts to build cloud storage services within AWS
The AWS Cloud Volumes Service Architect is a Senior level Architect position, where the candidate will be expected to have a solid understanding of AWS cloud infrastructure and NetApp ONTAP technologies
- Apply your knowledge of AWS infrastructure, topology and functionality to deliver architectural specifications for service features to meet scale, resilience, interoperability and security requirements.
- Apply your knowledge of ONTAP to leverage ONTAP resources and features for optimal interoperability with the Cloud Volumes Service.
- Collaborate with product management and engineering to define technical specifications based on feature requests.
- Apply your strong knowledge and understanding of sound cloud service architecture design patterns, cost and pricing models as they apply to storage and infrastructure as a service.
- Engage with Cloud Volume engineering to evaluate feature requests and ensure interoperability within the global Cloud Volumes framework.
- Engage with ONTAP engineering to ensure architectural designs leverage ONTAP resources with optimal effectiveness.
- Engage with cross functional teams and services to ensure interoperability as well as consideration of shared resources.
- Collaborate with the architect team to define standards that apply specifically to the Cloud Volume Service for AWS as well as the global Cloud Volume Service implementation.
- You will be a Subject Matter Expert in the Cloud Volumes Service for AWS.
- Keep up with relative current and emerging technologies which can be leveraged to better Cloud Volume service capabilities
- Perform technical investigations, validations, and prototyping in the Cloud Data Services Business Unit engineering lab
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional, or equivalent experience architecting and implementing cloud services
- Proven experience developing scalable cloud based solutions to include compute, network and storage
- Proven experience architecting scalable infrastructure solutions
- Strong understanding of networking fundamentals
- Proven experience documenting and diagraming architectural solutions
- Proven ability to build a predictable plan, effectively estimate work completion and identify key performance indicators.
- Demonstrable ability to collect, synthesize and analyze data in order to make data driven decisions
- Ability to lead across business unit teams and have strong influencing skills at the Senior and Executive level.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills.
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities and complex tasks in a dynamic work environment.
- Create and deliver architectural artifacts which are both the basis and single source of truth of Cloud Volume Service for AWS features and functionality
- The tasks you will be responsible for are often unstructured and the issues addressed are less defined requiring new perspectives and creative approaches.
- You will apply attained experiences and knowledge in solving problems that are complex in scope and scale requiring in-depth evaluation.
- Demonstrate good judgment in solving problems as well as identifying problems in advance, and proposing solutions.
- You must work effectively with Staff to Vice President level employees within the function, across functions and with external parties.
- Limited supervision and direction is provided, as this individual can operate and drive strategic results without boundaries and set priorities independently.
- The ideal candidate will be a proactive contributor, influencer, and subject matter expert.
- A minimum of 12 years of experience is required
- A Bachelor of Science or Masters degree in Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science or related technical discipline; or equivalent experience is required
- Experience assessing the feasibility of providing solutions to complex problems given time, budget, and resource constraints.
- Proven experience with Kubernetes and containers
- Proficiency with one or more common programing languages used in the cloud (SQL, XML, Python, Go, etc.)
- Experience with architecture, design and/or supporting distributed cloud based applications
- Experience designing and implementing big data solutions (Hadoop, Amazon EMR, Cloudera, Databrix, etc.)
So get ready to tap into the data visionary within, and join us as we accelerate digital transformation and empower our customers to change the world with data!
If you ask a NetApp employee why they work here, the answer is inevitably the same: the people. At NetApp, our culture is at the heart of what we do. We place importance in trust, integrity, teamwork, and caring above all else. NetApp is a place where people are empowered to make a difference. Empowered to innovate. Empowered to collaborate. Empowered to help ourselves and others be data-driven and change the world. We take care of each other, our customers, our partners, and our communities simply because it’s the right thing to do.
We work hard but also recognize the importance of work-life balance for our employees because what’s important to them is important to us! Recently we implemented Family First, which encourages employees to take paid time off to bond with a new child (through birth or adoption) or to care for a family member with a serious health condition. Our volunteer time off program is best in class, offering employees 40 hours of paid time off per year to donate their time with their favorite organizations. We provide comprehensive medical, dental, wellness and vision plans for you and your family. We offer educational assistance, legal services, and access to discounts and fitness centers. We also offer financial savings programs to help you plan for your future.
Join us and see what empowerment can do.