Cloud Security Engineer at TrackVia
TrackVia, the leading low-code application platform in the cloud, is looking for a Cloud Security Engineer to join our growing organization. TrackVia’s platform helps companies build applications that improve on-time performance and reduce costs by offering operations leaders the fastest and easiest way to build powerful business applications.
TrackVia specializes in streamlining and automating critical operational processes and workflows. The TrackVia platform allows businesses to rapidly create custom web and native mobile applications to unite executives, managers, and workers with all their data, processes, and collaboration in one environment accessible on any device.
The Cloud Security Engineer leads all areas of TrackVia's cloud security program. The engineer will develop and implement cloud security patterns, practices, technical controls, and associated documentation. This role will have significant input and contribution to our security orchestration and automated response (SOAR) capabilities. The position requires broad technical and security skills with explicit AWS experience. The position is highly collaborative and requires excellent communication and teamwork. The Cloud Security Engineer reports to the Director, Information Security and is located at TrackVia’s corporate headquarters in Denver, Colorado.
- Develop and implement cloud security patterns, practices, standards, technical controls, and associated documentation.
- Perform technical implementation of security solutions comprised of open-source and commercial products.
- Collaborate with engineering teams to automate processes and tools for managing security operations.
- Lead security orchestration and automated response efforts.
- Contribute to information security planning: strategy, standards, roadmaps, prioritization, sprints.
- Participate in incident response activities.
- Support security metrics through testing and auditing of security controls.
- Support compliance efforts by producing security related artifacts.
- Maintain awareness and knowledge of information security threats and vulnerabilities.
- Maintain awareness and knowledge of AWS services and related guidance.
- Maintain awareness and knowledge of major information security frameworks/guidance, e.g. CSA Controls Matrix, NIST CSF.
- Passionate about security, cloud technology, and challenging the status quo.
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Excellent organization, planning, and self-management skills.
- Excellent analytic, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong understanding of security best practices, standards, and frameworks, e.g. CSA Controls Matrix, NIST CSF.
- Strong knowledge of information security exploits, threats, and adversarial tactics, e.g. OWASP Top 10, MITRE ATT&CK.
- Experience hardening and securing Linux based environments.
- Experience with open-source or commercial SIEM solutions.
- Experience with open-source or commercial host and network IDS/IPS solutions.
- Experience with open-source or commercial vulnerability scanning/management solutions.
- Experience with endpoint detection and response (EDR) solutions.
- Experience integrating and automating security tools/processes, i.e. scripting, API integration.
- Experience securing AWS environments.
- 7+ years progressive IT experience.
- 4+ years experience in a dedicated Information Security role.
- 3+ years experience working in AWS environments.
Nice to Haves:
- Experience as a DevOps engineer or software developer.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience with compliance audits, e.g. SOC2, HIPAA, PCI-DSS, ISO-27001, FedRAMP.
- Four-year college degree in Computer Science, Information/Cyber Security, Management Information Systems, or related discipline.
- Relevant information security certification, e.g. CISSP, CEH, GSEC.
- AWS certification, e.g. Solutions Architect, Security Specialty.
- We cover 100% medical, dental, and vision benefits.
- We provide competitive paid parental leave for all new parents.
- We made Built in Colorado’s 2020 Best Small Companies to Work For list.
- We understand you have a life outside of work and have an unlimited, flexible time-off policy.
- You will have the opportunity to challenge yourself and have a high degree of responsibility and impact.
- Your daily tasks will change often and give you many opportunities to grow your professional and technical skillset and advance your career.