Cloud Platform Engineer Specialist at FIS (Greater Denver Area, CO or Remote)
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
FIS empowers small to large financial institutions around the globe with a comprehensive, integrated suite of fintech solutions. Our industry-leading offering includes an extensive selection of technology and services. We are looking for a talented resource, who is comfortable working multiple appropriately prioritized issues and/or projects at a time. One who desires to be a part of this global dynamic cloud technology team where they will grow personally, technically and professionally.
What you will be doing
The Sr Cloud Engineer will be working with implementation and management of DevOps tools and technologies. Assisting with application migration to the cloud environments, building landing zone in the AWS cloud and assisting with setting up complete DevOps process. This role will be a thought leader with large influence on the DevOps approach for the division. The role combines superior technical knowledge, automation expertise, and development process knowledge to bring about new ways of working that increase efficiency, quality and rapid flow.
- Create and support advanced pipelines using Jenkins and Bitbucket
- Create and support advanced container and serverless environments.
- Deploy Cloud infrastructure using Terraform and cloud formation templates.
- Implement deployments to OpenShift Container Platform, Amazon EKS
- Troubleshoot containerized builds and deployments
- Assist teams onboarding their applications onto the OpenShift, AKS and EKS
- Implement processes and automations for migrating between OpenShift, AKS and EKS
- Design improvements to enterprise processes for OpenShift, AKS and EKS
- Implement automations ad self-service utilities
- Implement pipeline enhancements to support change management, activity reports and other compliance processes
- Participate in the design of automation architecture for cloud delivery in Azure and AWS
What you bring:
- 5+ years of cloud-based architecture software engineering and operations experience.
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect, SysOps Administrator, or DevOps Engineer.
- Mastery of cloud security engineering tools, techniques, and procedures.
- Experience with AWS services such as Amazon S3, Amazon RedShift, DynamoDB, AWS Lambda, API Gateway, AWS QuickSearch, Amazon EMR, Elastic Search, Amazon Glue, Amazon Athena, Amazon Sage Maker etc.
- Experience with designing and supporting infrastructure via Infrastructure-as-Code in AWS, via CDK, CloudFormation Templates, Terraform or other toolset.
- Experienced with tools like Jenkins, Bitbucket, Chef, Puppet or other similar toolset
- Experienced with monitoring functions like guard rails, log trails, splunk
- Excellence in verbal and written communication, and in working collaboratively with a variety of colleagues and clients in a remote development environment.
- Proven track record in cloud computing systems and enterprise architecture and security
- The proven ability to see things as they should be, and to realize that vision.
- Generosity, enthusiasm, and team orientation.
- Bachelor's degree in technical discipline or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
Added bonus if you have:
- Azure and GCP experience is a plus and not mandatory
What we offer you
- A competitive salary and benefits
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- Time to support charities and give back in your community
- A fantastic range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing
Notice to all US applicants: All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.