Position Type :Full time
Type Of Hire :Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :Bachelor of Computer Science
Travel Percentage :25%
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
Data Technology Services (Datatech) provides Worldpay’s Big Data capabilities including large scale data processing, analytics, fraud platforms, machine learning engineering, stream processing and data insights. Datatech provides large compute clusters in multiple datacenters and the cloud. Datatech teams self-organise using agile practises. Help maintain and advance infrastructure that enables the apps and services powering our business services and customers and manage infrastructure projects and processes and provide strategy and implementation services that enable Operations to achieve substantial cost reduction and business agility benefits through the use of DevOps and continuous delivery processes.
What you will be doing
You will be hands-on designing and building our new cloud data platform in AWS & GCP. You’ll be solving new challenges on a daily basis as we build out new advanced data processing capabilities to serve analytics, data sharing, reporting and machine learning use cases.
∙ Solving data engineering problems across the big data ecosystem
∙ Working with modern cloud data engineering tools (Airflow, Snowflake, Spark, Jupyter, S3, Kafka)
∙ Driving the design and implementation of technical solutions with other developers and architects
∙ Using “monitoring driven development” to ensure operational quality from the outset
∙ Designing for system observability with Prometheus, Telegraf, ELK stack, Splunk etc.
What you bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering; Master’s degree a plus.
- Strong awareness of networking and internet protocols, including TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP and distributed networks.
- Experience working with OpenStack, Linux/UNIX.
- Database technologies :SQL and NOSQL ,PostgreSQL, Hive SQL, Snowflake databases ∙
- Extensive experience with open-source technology, software development and system engineering
- Experience in developing state-of-the-art cloud solutions for scalability, reliability, security, and performance
- Knowledge of S3 data lakes, Glue, Terraform, Ansible, Docker, EKS, Jenkins
- Experience with Snowflake, SQL, Data Warehousing, Glue, Collibra, Airflow
- Skilled at working in tandem with a team of engineers, or alone as required.
- Technical Cloud Certifications /Experience:
- Experience in a Cloud Engineer role or related position
- Experience crafting and administrating various cloud platforms in a large-scale environment;
- Experience with SOA applications and cloud-based services, preferably AWS
Added bonus if you have:
- Snowflake Experience or Certification
- DevOps Experience
- Certification as an AWS Solutions Architect, Cloud Security Certification, and/or OpenStack Administrator Certification a plus. (Other cloud-related certification also a plus.)
What we offer you
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A fantastic range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.