Cloud Operations Engineer (Site Reliability) at Conga
Our new company was created on May 7, 2020 with the merger of Conga and Apttus. The combining of these two companies creates a leader in mission-critical business process solutions, allowing both small and large companies to modernize their business processes.
Together, the new Conga is poised to provide the most complete offering in the market to digitally transform the foundational elements of business -- documents like quotes, contracts, and the processes that surround them -- to achieve commercial excellence.
For more information on the new Conga, please visit our newsroom at:
Our shared values: The Conga Way
A successful candidate will embody the essence of a Conganeer through demonstration of critical behaviors of The Conga Way:
- Embracing an Entrepreneurial Spirit
- Achieving Together
- Championing the Customers
The Conga Way is a core element of the Culture and Talent focus at Conga. This philosophy shapes the personality of our organization, defines how we show up every day, and provides clarity about how we work together.
- Study workload characteristics and design a sizing infrastructure solution for a given Engineering architecture.
- Design and automate backup and recovery policies.
- Analyze, observe and understand system bottlenecks and fine tuning the systems.
- Debugging problems in production and test environments.
- Work with development and support teams to develop root cause analysis for production outages and performance problems.
- Develop automation to improve process efficiency and effectiveness.
- Willingness to dive-in supporting Cloud IaaS/PaaS/SaaS environments as a part of 24x7 global cloud operations team.
- 2+ years of enterprise level site reliability engineering or systems engineering.
- Working knowledge of Azure, AWS and/or IBM Cloud platforms, or some certifications.
- Expertise using with one or more languages (Terraform, Python, Java, PowerShell), and git.
- Experience in managing production system, or any DevOps role.
- Experience in cloud management or micro-service architecture and related technologies like Docker, Kubernetes etc.
- Strong analytical skills and passion to solve problems.
- Strong written and spoken communication skills.
- Ability to manage internal and external customer escalations and work under pressure.
- Computer Science degree or equivalent technical experience.
- Remote but preferred locations in or around Des Moines (IA), Indianapolis (IN), or Broomfield (CO).