Cloud Networking Engineer at FIS
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team:
FIS Cloud teams take the lead on Cloud engineering and operations with respect to production and development; providing input around process improvements between teams, between customer relationships and business tool owners.
What you will be doing:
- Leads development of innovation and strategic direction in application theories/principle concepts in data network design, configuration, administration, maintenance and/or support.
- Develops and implements standards, procedures and processes for the network operations function.
- Projects long-range requirements for data networks in conjunction with other managers in the information systems function as well as business function managers.
- Assigns personnel to various projects and directs their activities.
- Resolves issues and contributes to the development of the data network function.
- Leads and develops network analysts and other technical personnel to ensure career growth and achievement of organizational goals, including interim and annual performance reviews.
- Researches and evaluates new technologies, products and techniques that could meet future data network needs.
- Defines and negotiates service level agreements for data network operations.
- May involve company-hosted, Web-enabled solutions or may include project-based jobs in conjunction with Professional Services and outsourcing functions.
- Participates in disaster recovery/business continuity activities as needed.
- Roles can have an internal or external client focus.
What you bring:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or information systems or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
- Broad knowledge of network design, configuration, operations and administration with strong leadership skills
- Knowledge of network technologies, i.e., routers, switches, load balancers, firewalls, network and routing protocols, DNS
- Knowledge of basic IT technologies, i.e., operating systems, network devices, software development and architecture
- Excellent customer service skills that build high levels of customer satisfaction for internal and external clients
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization, e.g., executive, management, individual contributors
- Willingly shares relevant technical and/or industry knowledge and expertise to other resources
- Excellent decision-making, problem-solving, team and time management skills
- Is resourceful and proactive in gathering information and sharing ideas
Proven project management skills
- Demonstrated customer-focused leadership ability
- Experience with Palo Alto, AWS/AZURE, Windows/Linux, IPv4/IPv6, TCP, VPN, Citrix NetScaler.
Added bonus if you have:
- Experience with Azure express routes.
What we offer you:
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities - FIS is your final career step!
- A competitive salary and benefits
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.