Cloud Network Engineer at Procare Solutions
Our mission is to simplify childcare operations and create meaningful connections by providing technology, expertise, and unparalleled service. Procare Solutions is the number 1 name in childcare software – used by more than 30,000 childcare businesses across the country. For over 30 years, childcare professionals have looked to Procare to provide real-time information for making critical decisions, maintaining compliance with local and state regulations, and adhering to business best practices. We make childcare management run smoothly, so that our customers can spend more time focusing on the kiddos, not back office administrative duties.
A Little About the Role
At Procare Solutions the Network Engineer will support the development and implementation of public and hybrid cloud network capabilities. This will include the design and implementation of computer and information networks, such as local area networks (LAN), wide area networks (WAN), intranets, extranets, and other data communications networks. These platforms will require network modeling, maintenance, monitoring, analysis, and planning, including analysis of capacity needs for network infrastructures. This role will also include design of network and computer security measures. This person will also need to research and recommend network and data communications hardware and software.
Who You Are...
- Competent in design/implementation/support for reliability, availability, scalability and performance.
- Excellent technical communication skills.
- Working knowledge of support for Containers and Serverless technologies.
- Experience with monitoring tools and creation of SLO metric reporting.
- Good understanding of web browser APIs and behavior.
- Architect and design complex infrastructures and associated SRE processes.
- Working knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS), SDLC automation, CloudFormation, Load Balancing / DNS, and HA/DR.
- Working knowledge of and experience with Agile and ITIL and working with or in support of Agile development teams.
- Ability to multi-task in a very dynamic environment with changing priorities and driving accountability for deadlines across departments and organizational structures.
What You Will Do
- Analyze and resolve hybrid cloud network hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide cross training where required
- Collaborate with other technical teams to deliver products and solutions
- Participate in platform engineering initiatives as a member of the Cloud Operations team.
- Develop or recommend network security measures, such as firewalls, network security audits, or automated security probes
- Design and deploy company LANs, WANs, VPNs, and wireless networks, including servers, routers, switches, UPSs, and other hardware
- Design, implement, and support firewalls, site-to-site VPNs, and remote-access VPNs
- Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the networking industry
- Oversee new and existing equipment, hardware, and software upgrades
- Develop network and cloud operations documentation
- Configure networks to ensure their smooth and reliable operation for fulfilling business objectives and processes
- Monitor network performance and troubleshoot problem areas as needed
- Develop procedures to track, project, or report network availability, reliability, capacity, or utilization.
- Research and test new or modified hardware or software products to determine performance and interoperability
- Develop and write procedures for installation, use, troubleshooting, and disaster recovery of communications hardware or software
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, or related field or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- 3+ years’ experience in designing, implementing, managing and supporting enterprise level IP networks that include support of a heterogeneous distributed desktop computing environment required
- 2+ years’ experience with hybrid cloud networking preferably with AWS (AWS certification preferred)
- 2+ years of DevOps experience with working knowledge of infrastructure as code and software defined networking
- Proven experience and success with LAN, WAN, and WLAN design and implementation.
- Proven experience with network capacity planning, network security principles, and general network management best practices
- Expert knowledge of core routing and switching design principles, best practices, and related technologies
- Working technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and Internet standards, including routers, switches (layer 2/3), firewalls, remote access, DNS, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, VLAN, QoS, VCP, Direct Connect, Cloud Front
- Excellent hardware troubleshooting experience
- Extensive application support experience with network monitoring and analysis software
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Adaptable, able to learn new skills/technologies
- This position works most of the time in a fixed office location and may involve sitting and/or standing for prolonged periods.
- Frequently required to communicate verbally and in writing (mostly email) with customers, prospects, and other employees.
- Use of computer, telephone, and other office equipment for the greater part of the workday.
- Excellent comprehensive benefits packages for full-time employees, including: medical, dental, & vision plans- choose the plan best for you
- HSA option with employer contributions of $50/mo
- Medical, Dependent Care, and Transportation FSA Plans
- Company paid Short and Long-Term disability and Life Insurance
- Vacation time, holidays, sick days, volunteer & personal days
- 401K Plan with employer match and immediate vesting
- RTD ECO-Pass for all Denver employees
- Tuition Reimbursement up to $2,000/year
- Casual workplace environment
- Prime downtown location close to restaurants and entertainment
- Promote from within
$120,000 – $135,000 DOE
This position is based in our downtown Denver office. We are currently in a flexible hybrid in-office/remote working model based on local COVID-19 health regulations and business needs. While we are mainly working remotely now, this will eventually be an in-office position and candidates must be willing and able to (eventually) work from our downtown Denver office.