Fanatics is looking for an Engineer, working on our Cloud team!
The Cloud team handles things like: Kubernetes, Consul, Vault, Terraform, CI & CD, and bless. We support many engineers & teams, and build tools to scale ourselves out.
In the past few years, we've moved the majority of our web traffic to our cloud-based platform. Our data team is dependent upon processing large sets for their tools. Over the next few years, the number of engineers & applications that depend upon us will grow.
We need to stay ahead of them, providing reliable services, tooling, and infrastructure. We are continuing to build our team with forward-thinking, creative and talented engineers.
What you’ll be doing:
- You’ll be designing & implementing solutions for difficult problems. Examples include:
- Fanatics-specific ACME, Bless, and other similar implementations
- Terraform modules that abstract complexity away from our consumers
- K8s charts
- Gitops-based deployment of services like Consul & Vault
- You’ll be ensuring that the teams we support have world-class services with five-nines reliability
Why you’ll be terrific at it:
- You know AWS or want to learn about it
- You are a backend engineer, familiar with Go, Java, or a similar language
- You’re curious about new technologies, problems, and want to work with team members to explore & solve
- You empower other engineers by building tools with excellent UX, whether they are RESTful APIs or CLIs
- You are always pushing to do better and automate more
- You communicate clearly in voice and text