Fanatics is looking for an Engineer, working on our Cloud team!
The Cloud team handles things like: Kubernetes, Consul, Vault, Terraform, CI & CD, and bless. We support many engineers & teams, and build tools to scale ourselves out.
In the past few years, we've moved the majority of our web traffic to our cloud-based platform. Our data team is dependent upon processing large sets for their tools. Over the next few years, the number of engineers & applications that depend upon us will grow.
We need to stay ahead of them, providing reliable services, tooling, and infrastructure. We are continuing to build our team with forward-thinking, creative and talented engineers.
What you’ll be doing:
- You’ll be designing & implementing solutions for difficult problems. Examples include:
- Fanatics-specific ACME, Bless, and other similar implementations
- Terraform modules that abstract complexity away from our consumers
- K8s charts
- Gitops-based deployment of services like Consul & Vault
- You’ll be ensuring that the teams we support have world-class services with five-nines reliability
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why you’ll be terrific at it:
- You know AWS or want to learn about it
- You are a backend engineer, familiar with Go, Java, or a similar language
- You’re curious about new technologies, problems, and want to work with team members to explore & solve
- You empower other engineers by building tools with excellent UX, whether they are RESTful APIs or CLIs
- You are always pushing to do better and automate more
- You communicate clearly in voice and text